PDA

View Full Version : Last Pass

Spencer2780
02-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Hi,

This is my new favourite piece of software and is a great tool for on the go Technicians. It is similar to roboform accept better! You passwords and form-fills are stored on a secure site and you only need a firefox plugin to access them with a master password.

There is also a portable version that works when your offline so you can store secure notes etc. All in all i think it a very powerful and clever bit of software. Lastly and most importantly it's FREE!

You can see it at https lastpass com (sorry it wouldn't let me post the link)

Hope you like it

Spencer

Simmy
02-06-2009, 11:50 PM
Looks like a decent program. Are you associated with it in anyway? What with it being your first post and all.

I'm not sure I would trust any program like this with my credit card details etc

Spencer2780
02-07-2009, 01:50 AM
Looks like a decent program. Are you associated with it in anyway? What with it being your first post and all.

I'm not sure I would trust any program like this with my credit card details etc

Hi, no I am not associated with it. Wish I was!

Well they don't actually store your card details or any other details on the server. They store the encrypted data that can only be unlocked with your master password. So they say on their website anyway.

Simmy
02-07-2009, 10:01 AM
That's what I mean. They claim the data is encrypted locally before being sent to the server, but that's alot of trust to put into their statement.

I might give it a try though.

Spencer2780
02-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Your right it is a lot of trust.

Hope you get on with it because even without using the credit card facility you should still get lots of use out of it.

abe
02-08-2009, 02:48 PM
thanks sounds like a great app.

Abe