PDA

View Full Version : Vipre

Rider
02-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I would like to get your opinion of Vipre's Anitvirus + Antispyware software. I've been bouncing around alot lately with different AV software and I am seriously considering this one. I especially like their home license which protects every PC in your house (I have a bunch).

I've read good things about it. I really respect your opinions and would love to get the opinions of fellow professionals. Pros/Cons would be especially helpfull.

TimeCode
02-10-2009, 05:06 PM
Don't know anything about it. Sorry. I use Avira.

seedubya
02-10-2009, 05:35 PM
Rider, I was previously an AVG reseller - I have quit since version 8 came out. I've been running Vipre at my office and home for about 4 months now after "bouncing around" for some time myself. I find it excellent. Quick to install, update and scan. Easy on resources and the support when you have a problem is pretty good. It's also quite easy to get set up as a reseller. Downsides - it's a little buggy at times - it has no reputation - there are very few comparitives which include it - the business licencing can be confusing. I also resell NOD32 (also excellent) but it's obviously much more expensive.

Rider
02-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks Seedubya, exactly the kind of review I was looking for. I agree that they don't have a reputation and haven't been included in the comparitives however, pokin around the internet, it seems they are quickly developing a good reputation. It's actually a good selling point to me, as a relative new comer to the market they will most likely go out of their way to provide a good product and good support to establish themselves. Then, a few years down the road, I'll probably be looking around again as they will probably follow the trend of becoming bloated.

Keep the opinions coming.