PDA

View Full Version : best WSIWYG website builder

schwags
01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
I'm currently using Yahoo Sitebuilder and I am looking to move my hosting to another service. If that service does not have a good builder, or I just choose to use my own, does anyone have a recommendation for a good one? I have heard of a few on this site but I can't remember for the life of me where I saw it.

I don't want to learn dreamweaver or anything complicated like that, I just need something that is simple yet powerful. Not asking too much, am I?

usacvlr
01-29-2009, 08:35 PM
The absolute best website design tool ever made is NetObjects Fusion
You can literally design an entire ecom site with it if you are advanced enough.

The actual layout designer is by far the best and has been for over 10 years. True drag and drop pixel placement positioning. There is NO substitute.

TimeCode
01-29-2009, 09:00 PM
I'm certainly no web designer but I enjoy using Microsoft Expression Web. Everything is done in CSS and it's easy.

Andyuk2007
01-29-2009, 09:26 PM
I'm certainly no web designer but I enjoy using Microsoft Expression Web. Everything is done in CSS and it's easy.

I tried microsoft expression web once but i couldn't get to grips with it :confused: its a good program though but i could do with some tutorials to learn the basics of it.

smr1619
01-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Here is one to look at

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

01-29-2009, 09:32 PM
I've never been able to use WYSIWYG page builders, for some reason.... I can't make myself think that it's "OK" so I still use notepad. :D

Andyuk2007
01-29-2009, 09:40 PM
I've never been able to use WYSIWYG page builders, for some reason.... I can't make myself think that it's "OK" so I still use notepad. :D

blimey :eek:

seedubya
01-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Dreamweaver????

tauzin23
01-30-2009, 12:27 AM
The absolute best website design tool ever made is NetObjects Fusion
You can literally design an entire ecom site with it if you are advanced enough.

The actual layout designer is by far the best and has been for over 10 years. True drag and drop pixel placement positioning. There is NO substitute.

I agree 100% with usacvlr! I use NetObjects fusion 11 which is the latest version. Love it! Tried many web design softwares including Dreamweaver, but Netobjects to me was the best. I'm not a professional web designer but do a few sites as some of my clients want them. Like I said it's not Dreamweaver but if you want to start building websites with out spending loads of time learning a new software, this is the one.:D

gunslinger
01-30-2009, 03:32 AM
Here is one to look at

http://www.wysiwygwebbuilder.com/

I second this one.

arrow_runner
01-30-2009, 01:05 PM

I used Notepad++ for mine. :)

dstewart
01-30-2009, 06:28 PM
If you want to give NetObjects Fusion a try without shelling out a lot of bucks up front, they now have a free version, called NetObjects Fusion Essentials.
Works the same, but is identical to the older version 7.5 so it doesn't have all the latest advanced features but still works great and helps to develop entire sites rapidly!
I've used it for a while and find it nice to use, but sometimes with maintaining a site, Fusion has been a pain to edit with. Can't beat it for quickly building entire sites though.

usacvlr
01-30-2009, 07:16 PM
The thing about fusion is that you can use it like a newbie or a diehard. You can create complete asp apps in it and integrate your custom code into elements of the page beautifully. One doesn't truly realize the power of it until you've used it for at least a year or so and done some sophisticated sites with it. I built a complete web based service manager with it(which I wish I still had the code to, I'll have to rebuild it someday). Netobjects lets you insert your own code as well as to customize their generated code as you go along so you can extend the application you are building tremendously. It's been around since 1997 or so and I've used it off and on since then. Most of the netobjects people are great to work with and there are newsgroups dedicated to netobjects development. The newbie side of the product is great for quick site building but the advanced features are what it's really all about and what make it so powerful. The built in database support combined with sql server make it so frankly,, glorious to create data driven sites that it reduces me to a puddle of drool just thinking about it.

schwags
01-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Thanks guys! I'll look into these a little closer and see what I can do!

RyanMeray
01-31-2009, 02:35 AM
How clean is the code from these WYSIWIG sites?

usacvlr
02-01-2009, 10:25 PM
Fusion's code works. It may be bloated but it does work, however depending on the site you may have issues viewing some generated pages in mozilla based browsers. Depends on the output settings and how sophisticated the site is you're developing. If you are just using it at it's most basic level then the sites should look fine in any browser. It's only when you start getting fancy with dhtml, asp.net etc that mozilla starts barfing.

solas
02-02-2009, 12:26 AM
get wordpress http://wordpress.org/ installed on your hosting, lots of hosting providers have it pre installled ,all you would have to do is activate it.
its real simple after that.
Theres loads of templates, and plug ins for you to use.