PDA

View Full Version : Wondering what's the best Registry Cleaner?

Clatu
01-27-2009, 12:15 AM
Hi all,

Frankly I believe not doing enough to keep my XP registry clean on my desktop contributed toward WD's 0132 error on my soon to be tossed hard drive.

Can anyone help me by suggesting a really good registry cleaner? I'd prefer a solid freeware model, but will purchase if need be.

Many thanks in advance.

Jory
01-27-2009, 10:54 AM
Either I'm confused by what you're saying, or you don't understand what a registry is. End users don't need to clean their registry. It's always going to be more trouble than it's worth for them.

gunslinger
01-27-2009, 12:49 PM
I use the one built into Ccleaner and NTregopt. Although I don't think the registry had anything to do with your HDD failure.

seedubya
01-27-2009, 04:41 PM
Just rowing in with the others. A registry problem cannot EVER actually cause your hard drive to fail.

lawson_jl
01-27-2009, 11:55 PM
Agreed the best regestry cleaner is nothing. The second best cleaner is the one built into CCleaner. Which btw doesn't do anything that could have an effect on the system anyway.

abe
01-28-2009, 03:48 AM
ccleaner reg cleaner is the best never ever had a problem with it messing up stuff. have used a few others and messed up my own system more then once.

Abe