PDA

View Full Version : Any Liferro Users here?

Morris_Newman
09-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I'm trying to connect with any fellow Liferro users to see if you have any tips or tricks.

Jura
09-10-2006, 02:49 PM
A.) After reading their site, I still have no idea what it is.
B.) I DON'T TRUST SITES THAT USE ALL CAPS TO DESCRIBE THEIR STUFF.

Bryce W
09-12-2006, 02:43 AM
Looks like a web based Contact Management System for invoices/sales leads etc.. I havent used Liferro though. I have used one before called SugarCRM. It was ok... I didnt really need most features it has.

Morris_Newman
09-14-2006, 04:46 PM
A.) After reading their site, I still have no idea what it is.
B.) I DON'T TRUST SITES THAT USE ALL CAPS TO DESCRIBE THEIR STUFF.

I don't understand what you don't understand. It's a business software application with 14 modules. Regarding the all caps, ROFL. You're too funny!

Bryce W
09-14-2006, 06:23 PM
Morris_Newman,

This looks SO much like SugarCRM. You might want to give SugarCRM a shot.

There is a free version and a paid version. You can get it here:
http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/

Something cool about it is that its PHP/SQL based so you can set it up on a central server. However you can run it on your normal desktop windows machine as if it was an EXE as well. Definitely worth a try.

Morris_Newman
09-16-2006, 06:22 PM
Morris_Newman,

This looks SO much like SugarCRM. You might want to give SugarCRM a shot.

There is a free version and a paid version. You can get it here:
http://www.sugarcrm.com/crm/

Something cool about it is that its PHP/SQL based so you can set it up on a central server. However you can run it on your normal desktop windows machine as if it was an EXE as well. Definitely worth a try.

Thanks, but I was using SugarCRM before I switched to Liferro, there is no comparision. It's light night and day. You should read a little bit more or give it a test drive and you'll see what I mean.

fj2006
09-17-2006, 06:56 AM
I'm trying to connect with any fellow Liferro users to see if you have any tips or tricks.

We have been using Liferro since July. At first we were a little overwhelmed by all the functionality, but after the 30 minute training session, it was simple. What would you like to discuss?

Have you tried turning on and off functionality? You can find tips on tysho blog.

I'll be glad when they put up a forum.

cakeplate
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
I heard through the support staff that Liferro is to offer a registry of web services and provide a true SOA platform. (We're users since October 1).

I found this article:
SOA - when will we learn?
Ian Charlesworth
16 November 2005

"Organisations have wasted vast amounts of money and time chasing vendor claims, consumed by the notion that investing in IT is going to help them make more money. Various middleware and integration stacks have been deployed in a bid to facilitate increased flexibility, yet we seem no further on."

I immediately thought it would be sweet if Liferro could pull off a true SOA platform that actually worked for us small businesses. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

If anyone is interested in how our company is implementing Liferro, email me (to avoid posting our URL on this website and being accussed of spamming).

Bryce W
10-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Feel free to tell us.

cozmoorg
02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I worked with Liferro to try and develope a master mail solution and they failed miserably. Features were implemented after an extensive amount of research and efforts to help Liferro provide a professional bulk mail tool for a small business.

I was told that building a mail solution would be easy and my time was wasted. Liferro has many interesting features for people that need to organize business needs. However, Linux world has dozens of free solutions with the ability to customize the CMS' or CRM's at your convenience. Does Liferro allow you to add to it's platform if you so desire? Your business data is hosted with Liferro's database, not your own. With Liferro housing your data can limit your business needs due to it's only capability access.

Anyone ever ask the question "May I access my data if my computer is not online?" "What if I'm on a plane?" "What if I'm on a cruise?" "May I get updated emails and business data?"

Today's times we search for flexible tools that work with our hand helds and bring productivity when we're not capable of typing in a domain name into a web browser.

Just a straight forward answer to my usage of Liferro.

;)

focuz
02-02-2008, 05:39 AM
All of these first time posters that suddenly want to advertise a new program just randomly. Sounds more like spammers to me.

I know your smart Bryce, where you just replying to toy with them... LOL