PDA

View Full Version : SBS 2003 Exchange email sending format

Jamb027
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I am using SBS 2003. When I send an email I want the recipiant to be able to see the full email address in the 'from' section.

I have unticked 'Preserve sender's display name on message' but this makes the 'from' sectin "firstname.surname".

What I would like is for it to display "firtsname.surname@domain.com".

Thank you.

jgrab
01-14-2009, 07:40 PM
this works for exchange 2003 SP2

add the email to the "Simple Dislpay Name" field

and change the following reg key to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem\Use Simple Display Name

External mail will use the "simple display name"
Internal will use "display name"

Jamb027
01-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Thank you for the replies.

I have installed Exchange SP2, installed updates from Microsoft Update, rebooted the server & checked that Exchange displays that it has SP2 installed.

I can not type the "@" symbol into the simple display name box as it won't accept it for some reason.

Anybody know why?

Jamb027
06-10-2009, 10:52 AM
I forgot to update this but just to let you know that I have to update the "Display Name" section with the text that I wanted the receiver to see. Note that this is not the "Simple Display Name" section that was updated.

abe
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
I was wondering if you ever got it sorted out :)

Jamb027
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
If you go into each user you can change the "Display Name". As far as I can see, this is the only place where you can dictate what the received sees in the "From" section of the email.
When you change the display name, you will need to wait while Exchange updates itself before it makes a difference.