PDA

View Full Version : My Guide on the Anti-Virus 2009 Removal

Reset
01-09-2009, 04:12 AM
I'm kind of new to posting on the forum's but I've been reading post on here for about 8 months. But here the post on my Blog about the removal for anyone that doesn't know.

http://systemtechs.net/blog/archives/96

Here's part of the guide the guide its self has screenshots for records

This guide will walk you through removing the Antivirus 2009 program and its associated malware for free.

Tools Needed for this fix:

* Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Symptoms that may be in a HijackThis Log:

Note: Some of these entries are random named.

O2 - BHO: &Research - {037C7B8A-151A-49E6-BAED-CC05FCB50328} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\winsrc.dll
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [75319611769193918898704537500611] C:\Program Files\Antivirus 2009\av2009.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ieupdate] “C:\WINDOWS\system32\ieupdates.exe”

Guide Updates:

06/28/08 - Initial guide creation.

Automated Removal Instructions for Antivirus 2009 using Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware:

1. Print out these instructions as we will need to close every window that is open later in the fix.
2. Download Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware, or MBAM, from the following location and save it to your desktop:Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware Download Link
3. Once downloaded, close all programs and Windows on your computer, including this one.
4. Double-click on the icon on your desktop named Download_mbam-setup.exe. This will start the installation of MBAM onto your computer.
5. When the installation begins, keep following the prompts in order to continue with the installation process. Do not make any changes to default settings and when the program has finished installing, make sure you leave both the Update Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware checked. Then click on the Finish button.
6. MBAM will now automatically start and you will see a message stating that you should update the program before performing a scan. As MBAM will automatically update itself after the install, you can press the OK button to close that box and you will now be at the main program as shown below.

Reset
01-14-2009, 04:08 AM
what no feedback

NYJimbo
01-14-2009, 04:46 AM
Well, it's very nicely put together but basically it is this:

1) If you have 'Antivirus 2009' download MBAM from this link, install and run. When it completes just agree to the deletions it offers through the "remove selected" and you are done.

Sure, you really detail it, which would probably help a newbie, but it also assumes that MBAM will be able to clean it the first time. We have seen this virus require booting into safe mode to clean it completely.

So that's my feedback. For better or worse. :o

Fireddog
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM
Correct you can't rely on one tool and expect that Voila you nailed it.
I have followed up on another tech's assertion they cleaned out a pc.
then doing it properly.. I find more. and many times.. they never started in safemode.

ALWAYS do it in safe mode. IF you are unable to get it into safemode because it crashes or locks up.. It is better to repair or reset the os because the damage may be beyond repair. And the chance for reinfection is there.