PDA

View Full Version : DropBox - Not a repair tool, but a cool little app.

ICEinLAVA
01-03-2009, 07:23 AM
DropBox

This application will sync files from your computer to an online storage area. You can also add additional computers (Windows, Mac, or Linux) and sync up files between computers. The application launches at startup and will sync files automatically regardless of current location. In the event that you over write a file accidentally, they save revision copies so you can revert back.

I would not use this as a full back up application. The company offers 2GB of space free and only 50GB for $9.99/mo or $99/yr.

getdropbox.com/ (http://www.getdropbox.com/)

Enjoy.

RyanMeray
01-03-2009, 03:16 PM
I've been using this for a few months and it's great. I keep my website files in my Dropbox, so as I'm editing them, each revision gets a backup, so if I make a mistake or mess up some code, I can go back to an earlier copy really easily.

I've set it up for a few clients, one of whom was using thumbdrives to move all her school lectures back and forth between her home desktop, her laptop, her work desktop, and her lecture hall desktop. She uses the web interface to accesss the files she's created on any of the computers and she loves it.