PDA

View Full Version : Driver agent renewal

stevenamills
12-29-2008, 04:54 PM
It's time to renew my driver agent account. After reading some experiences here regarding accounts being canceled, I'm wondering if I should explore other avenues.

Like others on the forum, I use it for the periodic retrieval of missing drivers on the computers that we service. By using a common name for the computer I have, so far, avoided account termination. I don't like to do this, as I know my use of the service is minimal and this makes me feel like I'm sneaking around.

Can anyone offer a viable alternative?

Thanks!

Pc Fixed Right
12-29-2008, 05:10 PM
Driver Max is by far the best tool I have ever used.

http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

Romaniac
12-30-2008, 01:11 AM
I looked at DriverMax for a little. Seems pretty good.
There was a review on download dot com that said something about it can provide some drivers that aren't 100% compatible.

flashorn
12-30-2008, 06:27 AM
Hey Romaniac !!

I too , used to have a subscription to Driver Agent but, I found that you really have search for the right driver as they give allot of choices to choose from. I did up-date some of my drivers but, found it a hassle to have to go through all
of the part # . I now use Driver Magician which I find to be more useful than Driver Agent :
drivermagician.com/.
Once installed it will give more options to work with plus you can back-up your drivers in case you want to re-install.There is a free version but the paid for , gives you more options. I got it free from Giveaway of the day :
giveawayoftheday.com/.
Not always useful programs but, you can check often and might find something that you need.
Another program for drivers is the Driver Detective Updates. This one is free.
driver-updates.net/.
have used it in the past and found it useful. Check it out , you might like this one better.

FLASHORN.:)

emircedes
02-22-2009, 01:54 AM
is there any free software that does this scan?