PDA

View Full Version : TECH CD PROJECT ideas

reesk
12-10-2008, 07:41 PM
hi i am thinking of creating a set of tech cds that would be available for all you to download and use onsite simlar to the geek squad mri only with more features and need to know what you would all like on this disk whether it be driver tools batch scripts that make your life easier autoinstallers for common aplication reg tweaks ect this will then be brought together on a set of cds then have a front end created for them and then i will make the iso files avaiilable for you all to download at will i hope to then subsequently create more editions of theese as the need grows maybe even do a dvd that includes some p.e. enviroments so if your interested in helping this project out please say so THANKE

doortodoorgeek
12-10-2008, 10:46 PM
If you want I can help with web scrappers to keep the links to up-to-date versions of the software

We can even host it on my site if you want

www.doortodoorgeek.com

.....just a thouhgt

pauln375
12-11-2008, 03:34 AM
First off wow you have been a member since april and this is your first post
just had to say that

As to progs for a tech disc there are a lot of threads already dealing with this suject so I would say those programs for sure along with any others that are mentioned here

Some I use and carry
Winsock fixes
WinsockFix.exe
WinsockFix-XP.exe
xptcprep.exe
LSPFix.exe

Misc
Regseeker , A43.exe , HostsXpert.exe
addremovecleaner.exe , Commander.exe , HoverIP.exe
autoruns.exe , cports.exe , KillBox.exe
BootSafe.exe , ErrorKiller.exe , procexp.exe
Aviras bootwizard.exe , FloboFloppyRepair.exe , roguefix_.bat
burn.exe , HijackReader.exe , sbminst.exe
ComboFix.exe , HijackThis.exe , SmitfraudFix.exe
SystemExplorer.exe , UDefrag.exe , unstopcp.exe
WinTidy.exe , USBDeview.exe , RescueME.exe
driver backup.exe , drivermax.exe , eulalyzersetup.exe
DVD Decoder XP.msi , Look at Lan.exe , Tweakuixp.exe

windows installer cleanup.exe

I have a ton more but there is a start also you will find a lot more in this forum hope it helps some
I did not post any Av but I resell Nod32 or for someone looking for free I recommend Avira Anti Vir

reesk
12-11-2008, 02:11 PM
ill start the ball roling as soon as i get home i will set up a system where we can colaborate

some of the main things i need help with are scripts autoruns the main interface and the rest i can work out after thanks for the help everyone

reesk
12-11-2008, 02:13 PM
If you want I can help with web scrappers to keep the links to up-to-date versions of the software

We can even host it on my site if you want

www.doortodoorgeek.com

.....just a thouhgt

i was going to use the cd as it would be a utiliyt kit but like the mris discs but i dont mind making the content avalible online as a gallery

doortodoorgeek
12-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Just google "quick menu builder"

No programming needed, create and customize cd content, cd autorun, cd screens

really is the easiest way to do it

gunslinger
12-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I like auto play media studio http://www.indigorose.com/autoplay-media-studio/

The menu part is easy, its the scripting skills I lack.

doortodoorgeek
12-11-2008, 05:23 PM
[QUOTE=doortodoorgeek;24453]No programming needed/QUOTE]

Download and look at it, no programming at all

reesk
12-11-2008, 07:14 PM
ok im downloding and installing that now expect the first sample menu to be up in about 24 hours

oh and i will probably post my usb virus remover script it a script that sweeps the root directorry for listed usb viri like v.bat 9.com ect

doortodoorgeek
12-12-2008, 12:53 AM
I am going to be a bit busy to help with anything for a while, my father went in today for a stent, they stopped it as they got started and decided he needs a triple bypass

I do not know when I will have time, keep moving forward, sounds like you guys are really wanting to do something good

lward1
01-24-2009, 12:57 AM
reesk,

Any progress on this?

Romaniac
01-24-2009, 02:53 AM
Yeah, what's the status? Still going?

Midnite
01-24-2009, 06:54 PM
I am interested in helping with this project you can email me here

cmdating@gmail.com

I already have a few seperate ones but NOT a master ...

I like this idea and I am willing to help

Midnite

:)

nelsonm
01-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Isn't Technibble's "Utility Kit" for a flash drive working towards accomplishing this goal?

or am i missing something?

lward1
02-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Is this going to be a "Boot CD" or just a CD containing repair programs and installers and such?

The Utility Kit is great if their USB ports work. I have come across some machines that didnt have any or they didnt work, disconnected or whatever.

Les

reesk
02-07-2009, 12:28 AM
sorry about the delays i put the project on hold till i got christmas out the way as im having problems deciding what direction to take this in because as mentioned it is like the tech nibble utility kit only PRETIER and would be a multi sesion disk containing bootable oses

my current working for this is to instead work this as being a diagnoses and recovery cd so would contain hardware tests and some file management software my idea for this would be

hitachi dft
memtest
some sort of cd/dvd testing program either in dos or a custom linux distro
cpu benchtester
cpu stressing software

ect ect

in essence i want this kit to be mainly for diagnosing the repair
if you are still interested then drop me a email with the title TECH CD APLICATION containing you technibble name and your preffered contact email
i will start ther project after ive got ketrain going the way i like it for anouther project im working on which could be integrated into a seperate disk under the same name but still

if more than one person is interested i will make arrangements for a sepprate developers thread in which we can colaborate with

P.S thanks for the interest this has really made my day knowing that my inspiration is shared by you all

lward1
02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
I just thru this together, I don't know if it was what you are looking for or trying to accomplish.
http://i41.tinypic.com/2lvif7r.jpg

Flyingbull
02-11-2009, 02:17 PM
You know I was toying with the idea of creating a bart cd with all the applications setup, I was going to make a web page that autoran after boot up, but with the cheapness of these 1 and 2 gig thumb drives, I started thinking what I really need to do is make a bart like boot up from a thumbdrive -- I haven't really commited to any idea yet, but I could see accessing the directory, scanning the drives, doing an image backup -- all that, using file management and any spy ware tools that might be available -- still in think mode on this. What are your thoughts?

geekhelp4u
02-11-2009, 02:23 PM
but with the cheapness of these 1 and 2 gig thumb drives, I started thinking what I really need to do is make a bart like boot up from a thumbdrive

Or even the 8 gig drives that you can pickup for around $25 now

dhrandy
02-11-2009, 10:18 PM
This may be good for older computers that won't boot from a USB drive. You could have both just in case.

Flyingbull
02-12-2009, 01:03 AM
This may be good for older computers that won't boot from a USB drive. You could have both just in case.

Well technically I should have three bart disks for any environment: win2k,Xp, Vista.

dhrandy
02-12-2009, 02:02 AM
Well technically I should have three bart disks for any environment: win2k,Xp, Vista.
I meant both a USB thumbdrive and CD to boot. Just leaves more options.

reesk
02-12-2009, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=lward1;29186]I just thru this together, I don't know if it was what you are looking for or trying to accomplish

yes thats exactley what im looking for only maybe a different colour scheme email me and well talk

kylerees1992@gmail.com

netxm
02-12-2009, 01:44 PM
combofix, malwarebytes, password view (for outlook e-mails), advanced system care, ccleaner

gunslinger
02-12-2009, 04:41 PM
@reesk

Check the email I sent you. Its called Tech CD project.

http://i42.tinypic.com/eb23ac.jpg
http://i39.tinypic.com/15fj5aw.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/3145g92.jpg

lward1
02-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Dang Gunslinger,

That puts my little whimpy one to shame. lol

Les

dhrandy
02-12-2009, 09:47 PM
That looks awesome gunslinger.

netxm
02-12-2009, 11:08 PM
looks nice. I want to get one!!!!!

Pc Fixed Right
02-12-2009, 11:18 PM
wowsers that looks nice

abe
02-13-2009, 12:11 AM
yeah slinger it looks like you got alot of free time
Abe

geekhelp4u
02-13-2009, 01:18 AM
Gunslinger...

Between your post of your utility kit and now this... perhaps you should start selling these! Great Work!

gunslinger
02-13-2009, 02:10 AM
Its a work in progress. I'm still working on the scripts. When done there should be about 10-12 pages of programs, scripts and other goodies.

yeah slinger it looks like you got alot of free time

Actually I have only worked on this for 20-30 mins a day during downtime. ;)

Heriberto t.
02-13-2009, 07:09 AM
Actually I have only worked on this for 20-30 mins a day during downtime. ;)

thats really impressive. looking forward to it!

7leaves
02-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Excellent job Gunslinger!!! Really looks awsome.

thor999
02-14-2009, 11:40 PM
Any way of say, keeping files on hd, being able to automatically update them all, and burn a new cd once a week or something?

reesk92
02-22-2009, 10:09 PM
hi guys ive been tossing some ideas about fort he desighn of this and have come up with some concept ideas

concept 1 editions
how do you guys feel about having about 2-3 versions of this the reason im asking is because some of the ideas i have are better suited to being a dvd so maybe having a lite edition that is just the core tools and can fit on a micro cd or 256mb flash drive then a pro edition that has all the stuff from lite with extras like .net java ect this would be on a cd or 1gb memory stick then fimnaly a ultimate that includes everything from the last 2 versions plus A load of installers and av updates for the most common updates (i propose to keep them up to date by using dvdrw and creating a directory for them to live) i was considering the three versions because some techs dont need all the bells and whistles so may opt for a distro that suits them

concept 2 going live
how about having a popular boot cd on it like knoppix ubcd or win 98 boot ect this could be usefull for when you in a bind again this is a reason for the editions of the disk some might not want it

concept 3 world wide web

weve all had those icky computers where wed rather not go use their webbrowser for anything(not even pron) how about throwing a version of firefox in so we can have access to our most used tech sites in the bookmarrks this could include links for oem support sites sites that host user manuals and any other sites you may need

final concept deployment
how am i going to get this to you guys a iso would be a great idea but might be awkward for those who want it on usb then again the same could be said for rar zip or 7z so how do you want this to be distrobuted to every one i can only host one filetype because of space issues so choose wisley i am probably not goign to wilingly release 90 odd differetn version because some people like tar.bal format or what ever justg saying

finaly tech project may not be anyware close to finnished yet but its getting there we need your help wether you are a photoshopper a killer scripter a c++ dev or even a humble tech you can help in the coming weeks i will be drawing up the dev team for this so will need anyone who wants to help to come forward this is so i can keep track of what is going on and know who is doing what having to come back here just to see what everyone is doing is a pain so having a list of contact details like email and mesenger is goign to make this project glide better

once again THANKYOU YOU ALL ROCK!!!

slick962002
03-24-2009, 12:48 AM
So how is this project coming along.. I'd love to help out in anyway I can... Let me know?

reesk92
03-24-2009, 01:51 AM
ERM better ask gun slinger that one, even though i came up with e initial idea he is the one who has taken the project on and put all his effort in to it, to be honest i try and help where i can but he the one who ultimately deserves our respect, so that's why ill probably only take credit fort he initial idea, but give him all the credit for the hard work once again good for him.

smr1619
03-24-2009, 05:34 PM
Excellent job Gunslinger, that looks really good

reesk92
05-19-2009, 12:56 AM
dont mean to sound like im out of controll of this but

Gunslinger whats the stauts of this

gunslinger
05-19-2009, 04:07 AM
Really sorry guys, I have been so busy lately. I hope to be able to get back on the project as soon as business slows down some.

reesk92
05-19-2009, 10:16 AM
don't worry about it i just was interested as to how far it had progressed ive seen the work youve done and its allot considering you had it half finished in less than a week.

lward1
06-07-2009, 03:01 PM
gunslinger,

Where did you get those icons from? I have looked and googled and I can't seem to find any like those.

Thanks,
Les

Bumper Bender
09-07-2009, 09:41 AM
Hi, whatever happened to this little project did it work? is it avaliable?

greggh
09-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Discs we use at our company:

1. Bootable CD 1: Windows XP PE Environment with many tools added.
2. Bootable CD 2: Many bootable tools such as partition editors and linux environments.
3. Drivers DVD: Unpacked copies of all the drivers from driverpacks.
4. Drivers CD: Stand Alone Driver disc built with driverpacks.
5. Autopatcher DVD: just in case they are on dialup or some other similar problem.
6. Software disc: kept up to date by ketarin.
7. Bootable: Mac bootable disc, universal, works on both ppc and intel.
8. Service packs CD 1: XP service packs
9. Service packs CD 2: Windows 2000, all office service packs.
10. Service packs CD 3: Windows Server 2003 service packs.
11: Service packs DVD: Vista service packs, both 32bit and 64bit.
12: Combined DVD (for ease of use:) Combines the 2 bootable discs (1 and 2,) the software disc 6, and all the service pack cds.

That covers most of what people will need. The bootable cds are built using BCDW.