PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TV Shows

Goob
08-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Hey guys, thought since not many people are talking here at the moment, I'd start a new thread on favourite TV shows. Here you can post about the tv shows you loved when growing up and your current fave tv shows now.

For me, I grew up with TV shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Toxic Cruisaders and Inspector Gadget just to name a few. I remember how obsessed I was with those 3 series in particular, so much so that I had all the toys, my favourite being my Inspector Gadget doll which had parts and stuff for him to change into his different styles (I still wish I had this toy too).

As for current TV shows I love we have:
Stargate SG-1 and Atlantis, Eureka, Pimp My Ride, The Chasers War On Everything (AU Only), Powerpuff Girls Z, and any WWE/ECW show.
Mainly into the Stargates at the moment, so much so that I bought a stargate keyring from ebay for $25 (I didnt realise I would actually win it).

Anyways, discuss your fave shows of past and present here, or talk about shows you used to watch but cant remember names off, coz odds are someone may remember the name and can help you find it.

Bryce W
08-17-2006, 11:27 PM
When I was young I loved Astroboy, Voltron, Ducktales, TMNT & Inspector Gadget.

Now days there really isnt many series I watch. I love "Enterprise" and own the entire series. For some reason I like American Chopper and I liked Donald Trumps "The Apprentice" when it was on.

Goob
08-17-2006, 11:38 PM
Speaking of the Apprentice, they're thinking of or have already done a new version, with Martha Stewart(who is like a homeware/cooking presentrer, the one who got jail time for insider trading).
Not sure if this is true, but I have read a lot about it on the net a lil bit ago.

Bryce W
08-18-2006, 12:12 AM
Its already been filmed and shows on American TV. That was why I said Donald Trumps "The Apprentice". I dont think it was as successful as Trumps version.
Im sure it wouldnt weigh too much with me either. Trump is big, powerful and scary and I just couldnt give the respect to the cooking presenter.

Stealth
08-18-2006, 12:52 AM
I grew up on T&J, TNMT, Robotech and Transformers. As for current shows, 'Allo 'Allo, Only Fools and Horses and M*A*S*H.

Goob
08-26-2006, 03:38 AM
A show I recently got my hands on was an old Australian Kids show called Lift Off. Its sad that I can still remember all the episodes too.

Other shows I'm trying to find are Spellbinders, Finders Keepers and I think thats about all.

For those Aussies out there who are going "oh my god I remember those shows and they rocked" I got a lil present for you.

Spellbinder Intro (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XG7jEelf3Bk)

Blues
08-26-2006, 01:51 PM
more recent shows I love are Futurama and Firefly oh My Name is Earl was great... Venture Brothers, Aqua Teen Hunger Force, and Sealab 2021... Im sure there are more but all I can think of atm

old shows well I remember watching Voltron and TMNT is always classic hmmm what else was there oh Woody Woodpecker

oh and South Park is a newer show atleast in that its what 10 years old and still airing

well thats it for now

Bryce W
08-28-2006, 09:02 PM
I came across a TV series called "The IT Crowd" the other day and I have to say it is quickly becoming one of my favorite TV series. Unfortunatly there are only 6 episodes. Here is the offical webpage:
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/tv/microsites/I/itcrowd/index.html

It is focused around 3 people who work in the IT department left in the basement, treated poorly by other workers and them trying to keep their sanity putting up with computer retards. Its a good laugh for anyone who has ever done tech support before.