PDA

View Full Version : GrandCentral

11-30-2008, 03:52 AM
Is anyone currently using GrandCentral? What are your thoughts, and if possible, could I get an invite? (I'm not above begging! :D )

Jory
11-30-2008, 05:59 AM
A while back I signed up when they were doing a beta test type thing and only some people were getting numbers. I got an email saying they accepted me, but all the numbers they had really sucked. None of them were local for most of my customer base. Of course your mileage may vary on that depending on where you live.

Then I read the terms and apparently you're not allowed to use it for business purposes, and that at the time they really had no intentions for a paid service where you could.

I did find a couple similar paid services that I really liked the idea of. They had some features like call recording and automated attendant, but I thought it was kind of expensive. Plus I'm not even sure if I can get a local number on one of those services without some trickery since the exchange is controlled by a local co-op I think.

11-30-2008, 05:41 PM
Then I read the terms and apparently you're not allowed to use it for business purposes, and that at the time they really had no intentions for a paid service where you could.

That's really what I'm looking for. I'd probably risk violating the terms to include my work number, because I mainly want it for after hours calls, as an "emergency" number that'll ring my office line, my cell, and my partner's cell all at once.
I had vonage about a year ago and it had some nice features like that, but the service as a whole was horrible.

I did find a couple similar paid services...but I thought it was kind of expensive.
That's what I'm running into now. For the features I want, I really don't think it's worth paying for a service. My after-hours call volume is almost zero, but I'd like that to change.

Jory
11-30-2008, 09:46 PM
I was going to post a link to the paid service I chose instead of GC, but now I can't remember who they are, and couldn't find it with a quick Google search. I want to say their name was PhoneOne or something like that. For what you want it might be reasonable, but I got a little feature happy and it got expensive quick.

Either way I PMed you the invitation they sent me. It might not work, but it's worth a try I suppose.