PDA

View Full Version : Wiki on a Stick

S3NTYN3L
11-22-2008, 10:47 PM
Check it out...

http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/

Wiki on a Stick (in short WoaS) is a wiki that lives in one self-modifying XHTML file. It's perfect to be used at home or at office, on your laptop or USB pen drive (along with Portable Firefox if you want) and even in a floppy disk! It can be used as a personal notepad, calendar, repository for software documentation and many other things; it allows full customization and extension by your own scripts or libraries. It also offers true AES encryption of pages.

Wiki on a Stick (WoaS) is an Open Source web application that runs completely in your browser- you don't even need an internet connection as it is all local. It consists of a large file with xhtml, css and JavaScript all embedded into it. It contains all the functionality to create, edit and maintain a wiki of multiple cross linked pages with all the formatting options available to webpages, including custom css and embedded graphic images.

If you are looking for an easy to use, portable way of documenting your work that can be moved easily between computers this is an excellent tool, at an unbeatable price (it's totally free).

Jura
11-23-2008, 03:44 PM
I prefer hotdogs, but that sounds neat, too.

pauln375
11-23-2008, 06:08 PM
Hello Just want to say thank you for posting ,this it is a great tool I recently set up a wiki on my Hosting acct, and have been setting it up for personal use but this will make What I am trying to do A lot less of a headache and easier
to secure

l337
11-23-2008, 10:25 PM
very great program