PDA

View Full Version : Clients Data Backup - Acronis

ICEinLAVA
11-12-2008, 03:07 AM
I am looking for a good Backup utility that i can use to backup clients data. I have heard a lot of good stuff about acronis and was going to purchase a license of Acronis True Image Home 2009 $50. After talking with one of their reps. they suggested that i purchase Acronis True Image Echo Workstation $80, and perform backups over the network. This would allow me to create a restore image of the clients computer for backups, unfortunately, i had to pry out of them, the information that it cost an additional $80 for each agent or local software i install on each clients computer, in order to back up their content.

Does anyone have a better recommendation on backing up clients data

wmacquinn
11-20-2008, 05:52 PM
I use xx clone. It allows you to make an image of a drive and copy it to another one.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/XXCLONE_d5534.html

Also if it is that corrupted I use an adapter for that hdd to usb and use total commander to copy files to a backup drive of theirs or to my own and then burn the data to a dvd.

thor999
12-08-2008, 10:18 AM
I assume both those programs can fragment the image to fit on multiple dvd's? That would be nice... Especially if the process was automated.

usacvlr
12-16-2008, 09:49 PM
You can create a backup task in true image using the scheduler built into the software. This way you can set each client's pc to have their data file folders shared on the network and have trueimage back them up at a specified time. You could also apply passwords to those shares and set your backup machine to auto log on.