PDA

View Full Version : Outlook HTML e-mails

HawkinsPC
05-05-2012, 02:09 PM
A client sends out e-newsletters through a local web host. The boss can't view the e-mails in Outlook 2003 on her XP machine. They look fine using Outlook 2007, 2010, Thunderbird, and GMail. She can view all other HTML e-mails fine. If I forward her the newsletter, it displays properly. Otherwise, she just sees it as plain text with the full e-mail header displayed in the message.

I did some basic recommendations that I Googled--the automatic download settings were correct, disabled various plugins and started Outlook in safe mode, deleted the OutlookSecureTempFolder registry key, etc. I don't use Outlook a lot, so I'm not sure if I'm overlooking something. Since the problem is only with this one type of e-mail from this particular web host, I e-mailed them several days ago (no response....) to see if others were having similar problems.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Canadian Tech
05-05-2012, 02:41 PM
Is it possible that she may have subscribed to the plain text newsletter and not the HTML newsletter?

geekhelp4u
05-05-2012, 03:18 PM
You can try closing outlook and going to add/remove programs and select MS Office and choose to run the repair option. Is it just her machine? Have you tried loading her Outlook profile on another account on this machine to eliminate a user profile issue?

ZenTree
05-05-2012, 04:50 PM
Since only from that person and the same email is fine if you fwd it, perhaps the security settings are restricted for that email address. Try adding the email address to the safe senders list and see if this makes any difference:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-a-name-to-your-safe-senders-or-safe-recipients-list-HP005243357.aspx

HawkinsPC
05-05-2012, 08:17 PM
Since only from that person and the same email is fine if you fwd it, perhaps the security settings are restricted for that email address. Try adding the email address to the safe senders list and see if this makes any difference:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/add-a-name-to-your-safe-senders-or-safe-recipients-list-HP005243357.aspx

It was already a listed as a safe sender. The newsletter actually does not have an option for text-only subscription.

I did the repair option from within Outlook itself, but it stopped as I didn't have the installation media. I'll try loading the profile on another account; this computer is such a piece of old junk. I dread working on it.