PDA

View Full Version : [I Want] Ways To Attract Business Customers

iisjman07
04-22-2012, 03:18 PM
The shop I work for has only been open for about a year, and we're trying to focus on getting business contracts as well as the standard residential that comes form having a store front. Does anybody have any tips or proven methods for attracting or winning businesses?

Luis Rodriguez
04-22-2012, 10:37 PM
What i did was go to the post office and they offered me a "package" where they would send my flyer and preventative MX contract letter from the TN kit to every business registered with them within a 20 mile radius of my shop. I've had steady business since.

abbasmuraj
04-22-2012, 10:46 PM
What i did was go to the post office and they offered me a "package" where they would send my flyer and preventative MX contract letter from the TN kit to every business registered with them within a 20 mile radius of my shop. I've had steady business since.

How much did this cost you and how many letters were sent. Any particular area you targeted?

Luis Rodriguez
04-22-2012, 11:05 PM
It was about 300 dollars for roughly 500 letters to be sent out, i pretty much made all the envelopes and paid for standard postage and they stamped the addresses to "business owner" of whomever they were sending the letters to...kinda like how all the insurance agencies and chain retail shops send letters to your house, same concept but its you targeting businesses.

YeOldeStonecat
04-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Join local chamber...and attend business after hours things once a month. "Rub Elbows" with the big whig business owners....get your name out there.

Join a local BNI chapter...get to know local business owners, and get referrals going.

bigdessert
04-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Join local chamber...and attend business after hours things once a month. "Rub Elbows" with the big whig business owners....get your name out there.

Join a local BNI chapter...get to know local business owners, and get referrals going.

Yeah, this works real well. There are a lot of community organizations out there with core business owners. One that often gets passed up is Rotary. This organization was created by business owners for business owners. We get lots of business from fellow Rotary members and always pass some business their way as well.

Rob_NNCC
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
Yeah, this works real well. There are a lot of community organizations out there with core business owners. One that often gets passed up is Rotary. This organization was created by business owners for business owners. We get lots of business from fellow Rotary members and always pass some business their way as well.

+1. Rotary has given us quite a bit of business. Additionally, you get to help your community AND make good friendships. Highly recommended. Note that it is several hundred a year, and you do have to invest some time in it.

4ycr
04-23-2012, 02:44 PM
networking has worked for me but also letters that I have researched and found the person to send it to and hand write the envelope and use mail merge to add their name to the letter as well.