PDA

View Full Version : SBS 2003 VPN or Cisco VPN?

Stu
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I am working on a network that has a Cisco 800 series router with VPN endpoint capability.

I am soon to be installing SBS 2003. I am familiar with this OS and know how to setup VPN connections using the built-in software.

I have never worked on a Cisco product.

My question is, what would be the better option to use for VPN connections? I am thinking that using the Cisco VPN will take some load off the SBS 2003 server, which is of course the DC running Exchange. But I am relatively inexperienced in this area and would appreciate your thoughts.

TimeCode
10-24-2008, 09:51 PM
My question is, what would be the better option to use for VPN connections? I am thinking that using the Cisco VPN will take some load off the SBS 2003 server, which is of course the DC running Exchange. But I am relatively inexperienced in this area and would appreciate your thoughts.
Since no one seems to be answering, I think I will at least reply... I have almost no experience with Cisco as for my market they are way over priced. I would say that if you know how to do it with SBS 2003, do it that way. I've had good luck with it.