PDA

View Full Version : Best Buy Private Store and Auction Invites

brock029
03-14-2012, 01:46 PM
Invites no longer work but RockIT Man found a way to sign yourself up as a Business Partner. He also wanted to make sure the site was legit and I found out about it through my company discount program and The Tattooed Tech did a whois on it and "it is registered to BBY and the address of Best Buys corporate headquarters".

I got my account working. Here's how:

OPTION 2 - For Best Buy Business Partners
I entered my email address and a store number near my location.

I then received an error message that my email was already registered.

I clicked the password reset link and they sent me an email.

I followed the link in the email and it allowed me to pick a new password.

I am now able to view the items that are up for auction.

brock029
03-14-2012, 10:55 PM
Haven't "ran out" yet, like I said idk if there is a limit so keep the request coming. :D

mobiledudes
03-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Please send me one thanks!

brock029
03-15-2012, 02:19 AM
Please send me one thanks!

You have to PM me your email. I have to send invites through the site.

tek9
03-15-2012, 02:50 AM
PM'd.........
Fillllllllerrrrr

brock029
03-15-2012, 03:38 PM
Still haven't ran out yet. I guess there isnt a limit.

brock029
03-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Keep the request coming if you want an invite!!! and btw for any one who doesnt know the Best Buy Private Store and Auction works like ebay with bidding and buy it now options. There is some computers and computer equipment, tvs, video game stuff, appliances, and some of it sells for a pretty good price. The only thing I don't know because I havent looked into it enough if everything on there is posted by the user or if they are items best buy wasn't able to sell. For example their are alot of low priced Nintendo DSi's on there that say the case might be scratched and the 3ds came out so their outdated.

Benchtech
03-17-2012, 12:57 AM
send one this way please

brock029
03-17-2012, 02:47 AM
send one this way please

PM me your email address if you havent already.

twincountycomputers
03-17-2012, 07:39 PM
got your email but still can't register, when I click the link it has 3 options, either I have to have a bestbuy.com email address, a best buy store number or an employee id....

if I use the store number nearest me, 158, it then tells me my email address is already registered

if I use the forgotten password link and enter my email address I get an email that sends me straight back to the page I was just on asking me to put my email address in...

they sure didn't spend much money developing this website. it must have been done using one of those "Websites for Dummies" kits that was on the shelf and nobody bought it....

stidham
03-18-2012, 04:34 AM
got your email but still can't register, when I click the link it has 3 options, either I have to have a bestbuy.com email address, a best buy store number or an employee id....

if I use the store number nearest me, 158, it then tells me my email address is already registered

if I use the forgotten password link and enter my email address I get an email that sends me straight back to the page I was just on asking me to put my email address in...

they sure didn't spend much money developing this website. it must have been done using one of those "Websites for Dummies" kits that was on the shelf and nobody bought it....

I'm having the same issue. Thanks for the invite, but help!!! :)

brock029
03-18-2012, 02:14 PM
I'm having the same issue. Thanks for the invite, but help!!! :)

Ill send myself an invite and see whats going on. I can still send invites but maybe I hit a limit.

brock029
03-18-2012, 04:52 PM

Completely agree with you on this. I was making better looking websites back when I first learned html. It is pretty terrible, but there seems to be some good deals on it.

Lone99star
03-18-2012, 05:07 PM
Ill send myself an invite and see whats going on. I can still send invites but maybe I hit a limit.

Let me know if it don't work, I can send some invites.

nXtGenPC
03-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Got the invite but I am running into the same problem as others

Thanks

tankman1989
03-20-2012, 02:15 AM

This is what I thought and then I looked at the domain name and realized that this could be a scam sight so it spooked me away because it was so low tech for a national company.

totalPCTechs
03-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Did anyone find a fix??

brock029
03-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Let me know if it don't work, I can send some invites.

Yep I guess there is an invisible limit...I can still invite but the links don't let any one register.

totalPCTechs
03-20-2012, 03:46 PM
I used a different email and it worked theres is not limit i guess you just cant have that email already setup with best buy i guess

nXtGenPC
03-20-2012, 11:00 PM
My email never had a best buy account on it, and it still didn't go through.. Any one else have an invite to spare?

RockIT Man
03-21-2012, 09:15 PM

I'm just a little scared to put my credit card info as it's a dtdeals.com site and not bestbuy.com. Is this legit?

brandont
03-22-2012, 12:25 AM
I did not get an invite but was still able to get my account the way RockIT Man did. I have the same question about legitimacy.

I'm just a little scared to put my credit card info as it's a dtdeals.com site and not bestbuy.com. Is this legit?

The Tattooed Tech
03-22-2012, 01:19 AM
If you do a Whois on dtdeals.com, it is registered to BBY and the address of Best Buys corporate headquarters.

gravator
04-17-2012, 02:05 AM
I was able to get working the way ROCKitMan told.

Tepin
04-23-2012, 02:00 AM
I was able to get working the way ROCKitMan told.

Same here, but using Chrome it wouldn't go past the profile page for me even after I put in all the *required information and updated my profile.

I launched IE and logged in with it and everything displayed properly. :rolleyes: