PDA

View Full Version : [Auction] Cleaning out shop - Lots of Ram, HDDs, and more for Sale

nXtGenPC
03-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Will Combine Shipping with ease, will ship overseas for Technibble members only, PM me first please.

Check out my ebay page: http://myworld.ebay.com/telstarglobal

ArtemusComputerTechnology
03-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I really love the Apple MacBook 13.3" Laptop. Everything else I already have in stock. Nice EBay store...

NETWizz
03-06-2012, 06:21 AM
Will Combine Shipping with ease, will ship overseas for Technibble members only, PM me first please.

Check out my ebay page: http://myworld.ebay.com/telstarglobal

I looked at the items you are selling and you are going to have a very rough time selling them the way you listed them.

Here is what works for me:

1. Always take REAL pictures. People like to see the product they are actually buying especially when it isn't new. They want to look at it. Take more than one picture. Extras are like 15 cents and you will easily get that back. If you ran diagnostics, post that. Anything to add credibility over the competition.

2. 7 Day Auctions usually work the best. Just make sure they end at eBay's busiest time of the weak. (Hint: Google Trends tells you with charts and graphs when people will be on eBay in the greatest numbers). Your Auctions need some work in that regard. Almost every item you have expires in 6 days 1 hour. That will be Monday at 2:41 AM EDT (that is 12:41 PST). Everybody will be sleeping instead of bidding on your items. :(

3. Use up every character part number etc. This you are doing perfect. I often use the subtitle too; since, it is only 50 cents. Just make sure your item stands out of the crowd.

4. ALWAYS start your items at 99 cents NO reserve! I know this sounds absolutely insane and risky, but few people will place that initial $25 bid on a hard drive to get the ball rolling. What you want is to get tons of watchers and gather attention for a week. People will place their MAX Bid, which gets incremented each time someone else places a bid. I.e. I place a $5 bid on your item and you are getting only 99 cents. Someone else comes in and bids $2. My bid gets incremented to $2.50... toward the end (even the last few seconds), people will fight tooth and nail and drive the price WAY WAY up.

5. Discuss any flaws and tell people why you are selling the item. They want to feel they are dealing with a real "guy" whom they can trust. A brief story is all it takes.

6. Discuss all the technical specifications, post all the markings, Serial Numbers, etc. It makes people confident & if they are buying a hard drive for data recovery (perhaps they only want the board) they will bid on it if that information is present. If it just says 120 GB HDD, they probably don't want it.

7. Tell them that you ship it fast & cheap. Your $10 shipping fees are going to cause them to eat you alive. Sure, you will get positive feedback, but your DSR ratings are going to plummet as they anonymously take their little survey and report to eBay they think you are overcharging. Heck, I have been charging about $1 to send First-Class mail that costs me ($2 to $3) AND I was charging $2.99 to $5 to send a small Flat-Rate box that was costing me $5.35 and somehow I still only got 4 DSR stars. Some people are conditioned to think all shipping should be free & Now eBay is even pushing free shipping. They WILL charge you a Final Value Fee on shipping now & if you charge more than average in that category for shipping, they WILL lower your search results. :mad:

People like to think they are reasonable, so I am trying a social experiment. I am telling them I am splitting the cost of shipping, which is true. Before, I wasn't telling them that. I want to see how they rate my DSR on shipping.

8. Always search for your item and look what you are up against before listing it. Also, look at the completed listings to see which ones sold and which didn't.

9. Always offer quick shipping. I always put 2 days because I try to be realistic, but I have ALWAYS shipped next day except when something closed on Saturday I shipped Monday. Still I got only 4.5 Stars for Quick Shipping. This is even in situations where someone bought something at 7 PM and I printed the shipping label and packaged their item at 11:30 PM the same night then shipped it by 9 AM in the morning. People are jerks and WILL hold you accountable for the Post Office, FedEx, and UPS delays because these are ALL your fault! Personally, when I review a seller, I look at how long it says it will take to ship. If it says 3 days and First Class mail then if it ended on Monday as long as they ship it by Thursday and used the agreed upon method I give 5 Stars. Now, if it says ships in 1 day and they ship it in 3 days, they are not getting 5 stars unless they communicate to me and/or upgrade their shipping method. Lastly, if I buy something and the service is Priority Mail and the jerk downgrades it to Parcel Post or First-Class mail... or any other lower service, that isn't right either.

10. Don't sell "Broken Just for Parts" stuff. People will somehow expect it to work when it doesn't.

11. Oh, and always accept returns. I know you don't want them and the stuff you ship is good, but if they aren't happy they can leave you negative feedback. One (1) negative will be all it takes to kill you dead in the water when you have such a short history. In contrast, you can only leave the buyer positive feedback (or none at all). Personally, what I do is look at the buyer's profile and look at the feedback he/she leaves for others. IF it is good feedback, I leave immediate, good feedback for the buyer before even shipping the item. This is an instant, Good-Faith Gesture. I do NOT want to corner them and make them think I am withholding feedback until they leave me feedback. When sellers do this to me, it pisses me off, so I don't do it. I also make it a point to shoot a communication letting them know their item was Accepted by the Post Office in Port Royal, SC @ 9:00 AM EST 3/5. Yeah, they can track it, but it is just courteous.

I Always include a personal letter I sign, but I keep it super brief. I have a template I use to just change a few words... It is just good PR with the customers... Example of a letter I wrote:

Thank you for participating in the auction; moreover, congratulations on winning the Dell Inspiron LCD Diplay & Inverter! I hope you enjoyed the auction as much as I did. I am writing this to remind you that my obligations as a seller are not over until 14 days after you receive this item. If for any reason you are disatisfied or would like to make a return, please contact me and I will honor my resposibilities to you. I can be reached via the eBay system.

Although you may very well not never need the instructions, I printed the Dell service procedure for replacing the LCD display in an Inspiron 8500/8600 including all the tasks leading up to the actual replacement of the pannel. I also included a third-party resource and the cable. From the looks of things, you will probably resell the LCD display anyway... if that is the case, it would proabably be helpful to throw in the instructions for the end buyer.

^^^ Doing something like printing the 5 page document goes a LONG LONG way considering the person buying the LCD may well be someone on Technibble or similar. Wouldn't you like a supplier or vendor who took the time to find & print instructions for you? I already have ALL the documentation I use, so it takes me like 2 minutes to do that and earns mega brownie points with the buyer.

Here is an example of my current items selling:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/jbirkhofer760/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

Here is an item the people seem to be going nuts over and it is only a couple days in. It will probably double by the end of the auction. Look how I described this and the current bids:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2GB-KIT-2-x-1GB-Corsair-XMS3200-Platinum-Series-DDR-400-RAM-Matched-Memory-Kit-/270927650038?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f148bdcf6#ht_1391wt_973

One thing I haven't done (Time for an Experiment) is to make a YouTube (Private) video of the item and embed it into the HTML Side of eBay. I bet that would sell an item Instantly! Who would you buy from? The guy with the vid or the pictures?

NETWizz
03-06-2012, 06:31 AM
In this thread (as an experiment) I want you to compare a similar item you are selling to one I am selling. It is the same thing more or less. When they finally sell, let's see who gets more $$$.

2 x 1 GB DDR 400 You:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2GB-2x1GB-DDR400-/160754669265?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item256db996d1#ht_500wt_989

2x 1 GB DDR 400 Me:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270927650038?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649#ht_1391wt_973

By the way, I keep getting idiotic questions from eBay from people who can't research. They go like this:

"Hi, I own a pizza store and need some RAM for my Dell GX280... is this compatible?"

They expect an Immediate Response.

I write back:
"Thanks for contacting me about this. I looked up your system on Dell's Website <link here> and you need DDR 2 RAM instead of DDR 1 RAM. NO, this is NOT compatible."

Then they write back:
"What kind of DDR 2 RAM do I need for my system?"

And I write back:
"The specifications for your system memory in that link I sent you in my prior response <link posted again>."

... <Silence... They go away>

Peaceful
03-06-2012, 12:34 PM
I sent you a pm but got no answer so I'm assuming no special consideration for your fellow Technibblers in this auction?

nXtGenPC
03-07-2012, 04:33 AM
I sent you a pm but got no answer so I'm assuming no special consideration for your fellow Technibblers in this auction?

Peaceful,

I replied back to your PM, I can't sell the MacBook for $250, I simply just need more money then that.

nXtGenPC
03-07-2012, 04:50 AM
I really love the Apple MacBook 13.3" Laptop. Everything else I already have in stock. Nice EBay store...

Thanks, I have alot more to sell, but hit my ebay limit :(

Here is what I have thats not on ebay, PM an email address for pictures

TrendNet Copper Gigabit Switch 26 Port - SOLD

Desktop Memory
1GB (2x512MB) PC2-4200 - SOLD
2GB (2x1GB) PC2-5300 - SOLD
512 MB Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800
1GB DDR 400 - SOLD
1GB DDR2 - PC2-6400 - SOLD
512 MB (2x 256MB) MB DDR 266
512MB DDR2 - PC2-5300
512MB DDR 400

Laptop Memory:
1GB (2x 512MB) DDR2 667 - SOLD
2GB (Single Stick) DDR 667 - SOLD
4GB (2x 2GB) PC3-8500 DDR3 - SOLD

Desktop CPUs:
Intel Pentium 4 - LGA775 - 3.06GHz

Thanks!

AlaDes
03-07-2012, 06:12 AM
NETWiz,
You ever thought about writing an eBay guide and selling it on eBay? Lol

nXtGenPC
03-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Also have some motherboards that I am going to let go:

ASUS M2N68-AM Plus - New In Box
(Will post the others later)

Memory:

Desktop Memory:
2GB (2x1GB) DDR2 800
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Laptop Memory:
4GB (2x4GB) DDR2 - PC2-5300

YeOldeStonecat
03-11-2012, 07:33 PM
Just noticed your location..."Williston Park"..that's where my moms parents lived. My mom grew up going to Hempstead High School...she was on the cover of Life Magazine with a couple of other students there back in '58. Shes' the one in the middle holding the yearbook in this pic..

http://oldlifemagazines.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/v/cv062358.jpg