PDA

View Full Version : New website to review

focuz
10-18-2008, 02:30 AM
I just finished up designing my local repair website. Let me know what you think. I did get a few ideas from other websites but actually created from scratch. I didn't want potential customers to get lost in text so I made it as simple as possible with my phone number right on top and my hourly rate on the bottom.

firstaidoftaylor.com

10-18-2008, 03:24 AM
Few spelling mistakes throughout.
"we will be your first and last call for the solution or there will not be a charge"
"-Guaranteed Repairs "

I like the look of the site.
I'm not a fan of some of the wording. Specifically; 'repairs are covered for 30 days'. I would suggest 'warranted', simply because it sounds more official.
Additionally, the whole sentence involving "we will be your first and last call" is a bugging me a bit, but I don't know that there's anything wrong with it. I'd probably re-write it as "If you need help with your desktop or laptop computer problems, we will be your first and last call for the solution." I think that takes some of the redundancy out, while getting the same message across.

Other things are very minor and nit-picking. Like "wireless network setup" instead of "setup wireless network", the fact that the white box isn't consistantly located on the page, and the "Why Us" list isn't really selling yourself as much as it could be (you list a warranty/guarantee twice, and on-site service and webdesign are just services. You need more things like the certified techs in that list.) I know that's minor and doesn't really matter to most people but things like that are the first things I notice.

focuz
10-18-2008, 03:37 AM
Thank you for the comments. I corrected the wording you suggested. I will have to fix the why us box another time and I'll start thinking of some better things to put in there lator.

MHCG
10-18-2008, 03:46 AM
The red background behind your text is not the same color as the red background picture, the text background is a bit lighter. It's very obvious on my monitor maybe not on others as much though.

focuz
10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
The red background behind your text is not the same color as the red background picture, the text background is a bit lighter. It's very obvious on my monitor maybe not on others as much though.

I did that on purpose because I like the contrast.

pauln375
10-19-2008, 06:34 AM
all tho it may not matter much the way your site is made I did notice that once you leave the home page there is no way back home except back button or address bar just thought I would mention it

Nextora
10-27-2008, 05:56 AM
I think it is a great start. I really like the use of colors and the simplicity. Personally I would make it a bit wider. Also, I would make the white box on the right hand side stay the same size on every page. Now the hard part, how are you going to get people to find your site?

Alana
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Very nice site. Clear easy to read and to the point.