PDA

View Full Version : iPad 2 Digitizer Glue/Adhesive Issue

IAMPC
03-01-2012, 11:48 PM
I repair a lot of iPads and I keep coming across this issue. When I glue the digitizer, sometimes the area around the digitizer ribbon/cable doesn't stick well (left lower corner). I think because the ribbon pushes back up against the digitizer and the adhesive comes off. So you can see a little gap between the glass and the back plate where the flat ribbon is.

I do my best to push the ribbon in that little space on the side where it is suppose to go and I have used many different type of double sided tape/glues, etc, but I still see this issue from time to time.

Can anyone tell me what I might need to do to fix this issue? :confused: I really appreciate it.

sal13
03-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Sorry I can't post links yet. But the 3M adhesive strips work the best for Ipads, Macbook pro screens. Its a little thicker than double sided tape and a bit stronger. Search either 3M adhesive strips, or iPad 3M adhesive strips. If the specifics one for iPad are not available you can just cut to fit from a sheet or ones made for other devices.

-Sal

xxsilk109xx
03-02-2012, 05:01 PM
Hey man I have been repairing ipad 2 screens and know exactly what your talking about. Ever since I started using the 3M strips, I have not since had an issue, it makes a very tight seal.

I also went on youtube and found a video where a guy shows exactly where to put each strip for the best seal.

kevinjhaag
03-02-2012, 06:08 PM
Hey man I have been repairing ipad 2 screens and know exactly what your talking about. Ever since I started using the 3M strips, I have not since had an issue, it makes a very tight seal.

I also went on youtube and found a video where a guy shows exactly where to put each strip for the best seal.
Can you post that youtube video, please?

16k_zx81
01-16-2013, 01:26 AM
http://www.ipadscreenrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/iPad-2-Screen-W-Adhesive-Installed.jpg

Boston Pro Comp Serv LLC
01-16-2013, 03:41 AM
Yea I use the 3M as well... never had a problem with that area sticking up. Heating up the digitizer edges after sticking it down and then keeping pressure on it until it cools makes a real nice 'stick'.