PDA

View Full Version : Delete own posts before reply

MotzTech
03-01-2012, 04:37 PM
I'm not sure if this is possible with the forum software you use, but it would be nice to be able to delete our own posts (at least before someone replies to them).

Martyn
03-01-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm logged in as a moderator so I can delete it but I'm pretty sure you cannot as a user. What you can do is just delete the text and replace it with a message to delete the post or you can pm a moderator.

MotzTech
03-01-2012, 05:12 PM
Ya that is what I do know, I would rather not have to bother mods because I misposted though.

Xander
03-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I've deleted posts. I think it's under the Edit, Advanced.
I'm going to post this now and come back and check on that....

Edit:
http://gyazo.com/d2482b84a430d164fa0ecf871ee71350.png?1330625050
Not even under Advanced. It's just under "Edit".

MotzTech
03-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe it's only threads that can't be deleted. At least I did not see the option to delete it. It's already gone so I can't test it.

Xander
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
Well, that would make sense. Deleting your own post is power that should be safe within one's hands, letting a member delete an entire thread.... not so much (even if nobody else has posted yet, they don't know that someone isn't in the process of replying with something that is phenomenally worthwhile)

Bryce W
03-08-2012, 01:23 AM
Well, that would make sense. Deleting your own post is power that should be safe within one's hands, letting a member delete an entire thread.... not so much (even if nobody else has posted yet, they don't know that someone isn't in the process of replying with something that is phenomenally worthwhile)

^ This.

If you are the thread starter, you can edit your post though to be blank something if you dont want your own text to be seen. If you want a whole thread to be deleted, let a mod know and they'll use their discretion on whether it should be or not.