PDA

View Full Version : Google places dominating page 1

CraiGDaniel
02-21-2012, 09:26 PM
If you type 'Computer Repair Clacton' you will see my site is the 2nd real result.

What concerns me is that google places has dominated the top positions, for any seo masters out there can they be budged?

If i work hard on my sites SEO can i get above google places and be the very first link in google or doesn't gplaces move?

commodore64
02-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Yes you can, organic listings alone or organic listings with the google local included can rank above the local 7-pack of maps listings.

Dameize
02-21-2012, 10:27 PM
why you posted this i have no idea... ive shown you proof and informed you about what happens.

CraiGDaniel
02-21-2012, 10:31 PM
why you posted this i have no idea... ive shown you proof and informed you about what happens.

lol someones a bit upset today! want to talk about it? :p

callthatgirl
02-22-2012, 12:24 AM
eeks. This thread is going weird.

I have done organic SEO for years, using blogs, tags, keywords and meta tags in the All-in-One packs in my word press. I'm sitting just fine. Not killing it on Google but am on page 1 or page 2 of all three of my locations and not paying a dime. It's evening out.

I put time in, I get calls.
Free wins. I will never pay anyone to get me at #1 in google becuase there is no point, Google charges for spaces #1, #2 and #3 right?

:p

lineguy
02-22-2012, 12:32 AM
Yes, you can out-rank the local listings.

The difficulty will depend somewhat on how certain Google is that the person is searching for a local term. In your case, it's pretty obvious.

Ideally, what you want to do is have the first organic listing, as well as the first local listing. Traffic jumps significantly when you can do this.

PCX
02-22-2012, 12:40 AM
eeks. This thread is going weird.

I have done organic SEO for years, using blogs, tags, keywords and meta tags in the All-in-One packs in my word press. I'm sitting just fine. Not killing it on Google but am on page 1 or page 2 of all three of my locations and not paying a dime. It's evening out.

I put time in, I get calls.
Free wins. I will never pay anyone to get me at #1 in google becuase there is no point, Google charges for spaces #1, #2 and #3 right?

:p

No, they do not charge for first place organic positions. You of course have to pay for ads, but most people in seem to ignore them, at least in my experience. If you do a good amount of research and put some time into your site, you can be #1 on the first page, or close to it.

I wouldn't pay someone else to do it either.

lineguy
02-22-2012, 12:59 AM
No, they do not charge for first place organic positions.

She's talking about the ads that get placed above the organic listings. They might not be there for you, depending on how many advertisers there are for the keywords you're looking at (of if you are using an ad blocker).

Dameize
02-22-2012, 09:24 AM
For anyone that doesnt know, gmaps can be beaten with persistence. You can also get 1# if your also in gmaps as it splits your result from the rest.

EirianPrice
02-22-2012, 09:37 AM
wish there was a way both could be used, i am number 1 for a couple of keywords but a couple down from that is google places with sites and their review.

what i would love to be able to do is have the google places information shown on link, that way customers could see my review stars too.