PDA

View Full Version : Wordpress and templates for small business

hondablaster
02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Lately I have been thinking I want to start developing the foundations of a part time repair business. Both for making side income, networking, and most of all learning new things. I create projects as my hobby to see if something can be done.

I have got my own Win XP Wordpress hosted in a VM. What do you guys think about wordpress for small business. I have seen it mentioned along with joomla here and the wordpress idea was EXCELLENT I already am a fan. What other ideas are out there are low cost strong ROI. (I am willing spend money on the fake website)

I am big on buying high quality, low maintenance, low learning curve solutions over trying to create HTML, PHP, from scratch.

What cha guys got?

P.S. monstertemplates has some really neat stuff.

anglian
02-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Wordpress is good for small businesses, I have sold quite a few on the idea in the past.
Once they understand that open source is not necessarily a bad thing.....

There are better template sites than templatemonster for wordpress themes, the problem with TM is that everything looks like a TM template.

Elegantthemes.com (https://www.elegantthemes.com/) is good, and their forums are excellent for people wanting to learn to customise.

TechLady
03-03-2012, 06:17 AM
I just bought a bunch of themes from Elegant Themes for client sites...recommended :)

krtechsolutions
03-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Also try themeforest.com I have used a few templates from there and they also have a graphics page and logos page