PDA

View Full Version : HIPAA Compliance?

computerSolution
02-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Greetings all-- long-time reader, first-time poster...if there is already a forum for this, my bad.

I live in Oklahoma, and am trying to learn what is involved in making sure I am able to work on computers for health care providers. Does anyone know anything about HIPAA Compliance?

OldSchoolPC
02-02-2012, 06:29 PM
There are multiple threads on the topic. Just use the search feature and type HIPAA. Welcome to the forums.

Tekko
02-02-2012, 06:35 PM
Greetings all-- long-time reader, first-time poster...if there is already a forum for this, my bad.

I live in Oklahoma, and am trying to learn what is involved in making sure I am able to work on computers for health care providers. Does anyone know anything about HIPAA Compliance?

You should be able to work on them, HIPPA requirements are for data, not equipment. Your TOS should state clients are solely responsible and liable to ensure any compliance standards are met.

It really should be a non issue now days, most companies just purchase a a web base solution to maintain compliance.

computerSolution
02-02-2012, 09:13 PM
I have reviewed the other posts, and apologize. I will re-post in the appropriate forum.