PDA

View Full Version : Imaging software

Galdorf
01-30-2012, 09:36 PM
I have tried quite a few but most seem slow ,i searched for benchmarks and found hdclone (http://www.miray.de/products/sat.hdclone.html) the professional version is 83.19 i find it is sooooo much faster than acronis and others i have tried, they say time is money i find acronis is slow what imaging software do you use i have yet to find anything as fast.

Not to mention VMware/VMDK support seems acronis has dropped this feature on newer versions of their software.

YeOldeStonecat
01-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Take a look at StorageCraft and Paragon Software.
Acronis is shifting their VMWare support to another product of theirs, VMProtect.

Galdorf
01-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Take a look at StorageCraft and Paragon Software.
Acronis is shifting their VMWare support to another product of theirs, VMProtect.

Looks like its just designed for servers hdclone also can do data recovery it skips over bad sectors on 1st pass which you can just stop there or you can run a second pass to try to recover data in areas where errors are.

On bad drives its lighting fast just as fast as if there were no errors its more multipurpose i tested this vs acronis and 4 others acronis does not do very well if there are many errors.

One of the coolest features i love though is the defrag on the fly it takes no extra time it seems to have more features then other hard drive imaging software and supports usb 3.

OldSchoolPC
01-31-2012, 01:45 PM
I use Drive Image XML which was a repair tool of the week on Technibble. Alternately I have a docking station that has a clone button. I am a big fan of the below item.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817821011

gikstar
01-31-2012, 05:14 PM
I use StorageCraft for all of my workstation backups - do a 2-step, backup the drive and then restore to a new drive, that way I have a good backup on file.

My son uses it on Servers...

I'm currently testing the: "migrate a system to similar or dissimilar hardware",
like taking a non-branded OEM drive into a Dell or HP system, or from a system with an AMD processor to a system with an Intel processor. That's my projects for the week.:)