PDA

View Full Version : Which hosting service do you use?

joydivision
01-11-2012, 04:44 PM
I currently use 34SP, they want nearly 30 for renewal, which is a bit steep considering I only need around 100mb and LAMP.

Which hosting service do people use here? It must be UK based.

Thanks.

abbasmuraj
01-11-2012, 05:31 PM
Am with Heart Internet as a reseller since started the business. No issues so far. Had a couple of business' who transferred from 34SP to my services due to lack of customer service and unreliability.

Give me a shout if I can be of any help to you if you need any space

cmonova
01-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Have not used his service due to being in the U.K. but have heard good things about it and have talked to him numerous times and he's a good guy.
http://puzzledworld.net/site/

YeOldeStonecat
01-11-2012, 05:56 PM
We have used RackSpace, RackSpaceCloud, other related services of theirs...for years. They are one of the first..big...original large hosting companies. They've been around for a long time and will continue to do so. They are global..so they have locations across the pond in your area.
http://www.rackspace.co.uk/

4ycr
01-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Have not used his service due to being in the U.K. but have heard good things about it and have talked to him numerous times and he's a good guy.
http://puzzledworld.net/site/

I use his services and it seems quite good compared to my last lot.

Very nice to deal with and support has been good. He is a member here as well

puzz1ed1
01-11-2012, 07:39 PM
I use his services and it seems quite good compared to my last lot.

Very nice to deal with and support has been good. He is a member here as well

Thanks for the good words :)

Feel free to tell me what prices you want matched/beaten - will consider all reasonable requests :)

Steve

TLE
01-11-2012, 08:43 PM
Have a search for VidaHost, they have been mentioned numerous times on here. I can't recommend them enough, Domonic was fantastic when I moved my site to them. They are based in the UK and oftern have 3 years for the price of 2 deals. Check them out.

www.vidahost.com

joydivision
01-11-2012, 11:09 PM
Vidahost was probably the company I was going to use anyway but thought I would get some more suggestions. I have used the before for a blog project I started when my business went dead. My business picked up and the blog died so did not bother to renew the hosting.

My experience was good though.

I really do think 34SP are charging too much in this competitive world, its a shame as I have been a customer with them since 2003 but recently I've found the support a bit too patchy as well.

30 a year is just too much what is a simple static site.

Bryce W
01-11-2012, 11:31 PM
We have used RackSpace, RackSpaceCloud, other related services of theirs...for years. They are one of the first..big...original large hosting companies. They've been around for a long time and will continue to do so. They are global..so they have locations across the pond in your area.
http://www.rackspace.co.uk/

FYI, Technibble itself now runs on Rackspace Cloud. Im pretty happy with it. There are a few things that are done differently that sometimes irks me, but they are done differently because it is cloud hosting rather than shared hosting.

a1pcs
01-12-2012, 03:10 PM
Hi All

Previously with Bluehost who were pretty good - then had over 12 hours downtime from 18 November - 18th December last year and with no reassurance of an improvement left for Vidahost.

The guys at Vidahost really know their stuff and the transfer was done very quickly - uptime and response time has been excellent so far.

ljtechservices
01-13-2012, 12:52 PM
i've used jagaurpc.com for about 8 or 9 years.

agile
01-14-2012, 01:51 AM
1and1 but getting sick of their sales calls lately. funny it all started when i opted out of the email newsletter.

Knightsman
01-14-2012, 02:19 AM
I use godaddy from 1and1 and haven't looked back.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

solitonradar
01-15-2012, 09:13 AM
I currently use Hostmonster for hosting, and Internet.bs for my domains.

Internet.bs is offshore, but they are a bit cheaper than Godaddy. $9.99 per year, or less if you pre-pay more years, and you get free domain privacy.

PBComputer
01-15-2012, 09:45 AM
Currently with 123Reseller - but in the process of moving to ovh.co.uk where i've got a VPS - only moving due to my current server is hosting a lot of stuff and it keeps getting taken offline, blacklisted. so time for a move.

DCGPX
01-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Have you thought of Vidahost?

They're quite cheap especially if you go for more than annually.

Just ask them if they can do what you need, very helpful people.

TechLady
01-17-2012, 04:05 AM
I've used Pair Networks since the 90s. Absolutely bulletproof.

Currently using Dreamhost also.

YeOldeStonecat
01-17-2012, 06:16 PM
I've used Pair Networks since the 90s. Absolutely bulletproof.

I'll vouch for them too...had a few clients with them years ago....good place.