PDA

View Full Version : 1st Post - Almeza Multiset

Starsky
09-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Hello,

This is my first post on Technibble - what a fantastic site this is. My name is Michael (nick Starsky), Im from Melbourne Australia and I am in the process of starting my own computer repair business. It will be another 2 months before it gets off the ground, so I will do my proper introduction post then, when I actually have my website up and running, and can announce the business more :)

Anyway, while researching the millions of applications Im clearly going to need to fix the wide variety of possible customer problems, I came across a program called Almeza Multiset www[.]almeza[.]com

I have read a fair few threads where people are trying to automate installations of programs and the only sorts of solutions seem to be scripted methods, using silent switches and so on. I am wondering if anyone has used multiset before and could compare it to any similar programs, or the scripted option?

My goal is to create images of Windows using nlite, vlite etc. and slipstream as many standard freeware apps into them as possible, then use scripted installs, and possibly this Multiset program to install everything else. The aim is to provide a more complete computer solution to customers.

My next questions is, can someone recommend a program for automatically configuring windows after a fresh install? What I mean is, I like all the configuration I can do with Tune-Up utils 2008, is there someway I can save the config settings I have used and be able to run that on other computers? Then I could have like basic, elderly, student, office etc configs for windows, as well as removing all the extra crap that isnt needed.

Cheers, thanks again for all the great advice on these forums, ill try and become as active a member as possible if I ever get a break from my Telecommunications degree.

Starsky.

seedubya
09-25-2008, 01:15 PM
Hi Michael, welcome to Technibble and good luck with your new endeavour.

I'd suggest starting a new thread for your questions regarding multiset. This area is not the place for technical discussions.

koonter
09-25-2008, 01:39 PM
while this is not the right place for a technical thread... I would just like welcome Starsky to the forum and warn of the dangers involved in silent installs and portabling appz. see appz dont like to be portable. and because you usually thinstall them on a controlled OS, running them on a different OS especially if its infected, can cause issues. Not trying to sound elitist or anything (thats another post entirely ;) ) but you should try to get as much troubleshooting experience as possible before trying to use portable software.

that said, welcome to the automated script mania, where technicians try to make there job even easier then it already is....

abe
09-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Welcome to technibble

(koonter am I missing something, who mentioned portable apps)

Starsky
09-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks fellas. Been trawling the posts for a couple of hours now and Im learning heaps and heaps as I go along. Ill keep looking and restart this thread in the right forum if I still need the info.

Cheers!

seedubya
09-25-2008, 02:59 PM
Starsky, sorry for that... I assumed that because it was a first post it was in the introductions section...

Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa.........

That's what I get for not paying attention:o