PDA

View Full Version : Help with Windows 7 custom theme.

Clockwork
12-30-2011, 12:24 PM
I was wondering if anybody knows how to make custom task bars, start menues, windows, etc for Windows 7. Or if anybody could point me towards a tutorial.

Also, is it possible to change the boot sound depending on the time of day?

16k_zx81
12-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Maybe a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve would be in order here - is this an end-user solution, and, if so, for what purpose?

Clockwork
12-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Maybe a little more detail about what you are trying to achieve would be in order here - is this an end-user solution, and, if so, for what purpose?

Uh, to make a custom theme with sounds that change depending on the time of day.

16k_zx81
12-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Uh, to make a custom theme with sounds that change depending on the time of day.

You could easily achieve this by running a script. Whats the problem with doing it that way?

Clockwork
12-30-2011, 09:39 PM
You could easily achieve this by running a script. Whats the problem with doing it that way?

The problem is that I don't know how to do it.

16k_zx81
12-30-2011, 09:43 PM
The problem is that I don't know how to do it.

you could just use a simple batch file and run it as a scheduled task.

regarding customizing the visual aspects, whats wrong with simply designing a skin for a system like Windowblinds?

Clockwork
12-30-2011, 09:47 PM
you could just use a simple batch file and run it as a scheduled task.

regarding customizing the visual aspects, whats wrong with simply designing a skin for a system like Windowblinds?

I wasn't aware that it even existed. Much appreciated.