PDA

View Full Version : Mini laptop as part of the toolkit

htsource
09-20-2008, 09:38 PM
Just wondering with the mini laptops now getting more popular, how many of you have one when you go visit your clients? I have a Macbook which I bring sometimes to the client, but it's not small 13" screen. I was thinking a 8" or 9" screen laptop would be great, has USB input for external drives, can download anything quick on the net if missing.

What's your thought? I was told there will be a lot more coming with the Atom chipset.

Crgky127
09-21-2008, 01:19 AM
EEE PC here, with external DVD burner (left in the car usually), and an external HD. The size of the laptop is perfect, I just wish the speakers were ditched for a slightly bigger screen (actually I wish I would have waited for the 1000_ series). I probably use it less than 50% of the time, and could probably get by without it, but it makes things easier and I'm glad I bought it.

abe
09-21-2008, 01:29 AM
I bring along a 15" compaq/hp its light thin and quick, I hate those small screen notebooks. (why have an external hard drive and externel dvd when you can have it all in one machine with a bih screen)

XFalloutX
09-21-2008, 01:58 AM
My old boss had one of these http://www.oqo.com/ He had the first one. To small for me. Me and the guy I work with said he didnt need all those gidgets and gadgets (reference from Friday after Next)

gunslinger
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
I also carry a Macbook with me on some of my call outs. I dual boot OS X and Windows XP Pro , and I have Ubuntu running in a virtual machine. It comes in handy at times to basiclly have 3 computers in one, and at only 13" and 5 lbs. its not that hard to pack around.