PDA

View Full Version : Facebook rolls out timeline

GeekPCSupport
12-21-2011, 02:04 AM
As stated at F8 in September, Facebook is now starting to roll out the new timeline feature. Within the next month, all users will be switched over to it. What do you guys think?

In case you don't know what the timeline is:

Facebook Timeline (http://www.facebook.com/about/timeline)

To see a live example on my profile:
Guillermo Gonzalez (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001736928449)

You need to be logged in to view it.

Merry Christmas to all,

Guillermo

Methical
12-21-2011, 02:13 AM
"Windows Explorer" lesson .. ^ lol

Alot of people don't like the new Timeline, and have asked me if there is a way to revert. I don't have the Timeline yet, so haven't bothered looking for a 'fix'.
Does anyone know?

GeekPCSupport
12-21-2011, 02:19 AM
Methical:
It's the new way at Facebook. Once they finish rolling it out to everybody, they will no longer have access to the old profiles. It's like a take it or leave thing:rolleyes:

callthatgirl
12-21-2011, 03:07 AM
First it scared me, then I liked it. Then I got scared again and am considering deleting it all and leaving my account blank.

I don't know if I want all my wall posts available for everyone to view, easily....yikes.

I'm kind of getting worried about the monster. I have for awhile to be honest and have already started to lay back a bit.

DSep
12-21-2011, 03:16 AM
I tend to avoid posting anything that I wouldn't feel comfortable with anyone seeing. In theory, the privacy settings should hide anything you don't want random people to see.

dbdawn
12-21-2011, 03:35 AM
Yikes! I don't know what to think about that new layout.
I deleted my Facebook account a while back though so I won't have to worry about this :)

TechLady
12-21-2011, 06:05 AM
I like it, actually. The Timeline thing certainly makes it look more aesthetically pleasing!

GeekPCSupport
12-21-2011, 06:37 AM
First it scared me, then I liked it. Then I got scared again and am considering deleting it all and leaving my account blank.

I don't know if I want all my wall posts available for everyone to view, easily....yikes.

I'm kind of getting worried about the monster. I have for awhile to be honest and have already started to lay back a bit.

Callthatgirl:
You can easily hide any posts that you don't want people to see. The two available ways are either:
1) When you actually post, you can select who can see that particular post by selecting the arrow on the right hand corner and selecting from the options or

2) If you have already published the post, hover your mouse over the post you want to hide and on the right hand side you will see a link that says edit. When you select it, there is an option there to hide from your timeline.

Hope this helps,

Guillermo

Jory
12-22-2011, 09:07 AM
I enabled it last week so I could set all the privacy settings to not allow anyone to see it. It's bad enough Facebook keeps all that information, but everyone else doesn't need to see it too.