PDA

View Full Version : Money Making Blueprint for 2012

sedigital
12-20-2011, 01:19 AM
What does your blueprint look like?

Here's mine:
1. Focus on small businesses, not residential
2. Sell support agreements - sign $3,000 worth of new monthly agreements in 2012 (we did $1,500 last year, so we'll try to double up).
3. Sell all hardware on leases with maximizing selling extended warranties for the duration of the lease.
4. Ask for sit down sessions to create video testimonials with our top 10 clients every month and post something new every other week on our web site - 26 HD video testimonials in 2012, create a referral program that gets people excited about our product and is intensely practical.

tempusfugit
12-20-2011, 01:27 AM
1)Fix computers
2) ???
3) PROFIT!!

TopLevelComp
12-20-2011, 07:04 AM

Here's mine:
2. Sell support agreements - sign $3,000 worth of new monthly agreements in 2012 (we did $1,500 last year, so we'll try to double up).
3. Sell all hardware on leases with maximizing selling extended warranties for the duration of the lease.
4. Ask for sit down sessions to create video testimonials with our top 10 clients every month and post something new every other week on our web site - 26 HD video testimonials in 2012, create a referral program that gets people excited about our product and is intensely practical.

Why not just do 24 HD video testimonials, and release one every 2 weeks? Also, how will this help business? Why not you're top 3 or 5 in a quarter?

sedigital
12-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Why not just do 24 HD video testimonials, and release one every 2 weeks? Also, how will this help business? Why not you're top 3 or 5 in a quarter?

Well I was thinking 52 weeks/2 = 26.

Testimonials are awesome to get new clients because it builds trust to hear other real people using your product or service. We've found our marketing that utilizes testimonials is quite a bit more successful than without.

OldSchoolPC
12-21-2011, 12:04 AM
1)Fix computers
2) ???
3) PROFIT!!

I know, I know! Number 2 is underpants!

P.S. Southpark reference for you lay mans.

OldSchoolPC
12-21-2011, 12:08 AM
My goal for 2012 is to work on SEO and online advertising. I intend to be using things learned here, as well as things I've learned NOT to do through the years. Currently overhauling my website so that part will be done THIS year. The new free Ebook that Lisa offered will help with the social media aspect of SEO too. Thanks Lisa.

joydivision
12-21-2011, 12:46 AM
My main goal for 2012 is SEO and to branch out more into the teaching side of things.

Work harder and party harder is my motto, I will be 30 next year and quickly having a bit of an early mid life crisis. I may even trade my Fiat Panda in for a BMW (no chance!).:p

nesrinamb
12-21-2011, 08:01 AM
1)Business clients(dont know why but suddenly got a bunch)

2)SEO for my site

3)Sending specials to my customers over email. I realized I could easily get at least 5 items at a very cheep price every month and sell them for a handsome profit.

4)Trying to get a "ask a tech" section in the newspaper (trying to get it for free, so far seems like its likely going to happen)

nennis2k4
12-21-2011, 09:46 AM

Here's mine:

I'm trying to do the same. I'm working only with small businesses and trying to get recurring revenue. My goal is to:

1. Sign more small businesses
2. make an extra 15-20K
3. Provide better service over competition

4ycr
12-21-2011, 10:22 AM
1 rebrand split into 2 businesses one for small business one for residential
2 work on getting more small business clients
3 get some contracts signed.
4 get SEO work done on both websites.

IAMPC
12-21-2011, 05:56 PM
Getting rid of services that are time/money pits.

- Laptop mother related repairs (DC Jack, fans and heating)
- Laptop hinge repairs

Concentrating on services that makes me money.

- Tablet repair
- Laptop screen replacements
- More SEO work

callthatgirl
12-25-2011, 06:37 PM
For business growth, I have decided to take all of my winning ideas of 2011 and expand on them in 2012. I figured out ways to make them all better by either giving back to the community, educating, training or giving better value to our clients. I had 4 winning projects that all are in infant stages of what they can be. I'm so glad that I had real stuff work out. I had probably 100 failed ideas last year, and most took the most time to figure out. Sadly. All my great projects took no time almost. (learn lisa learn).

For marketing, I intend of going in a new direction this year. I finally bit the bullet and am hiring myself an assistant to help keep our social media consistent, help with email communications and help keep my calendar full of tech bookings and meetings. I also intend on taking the social media to a higher level since I will have help. More quick videos, blogs from the techs, client testimonials, etc.

For Advertising, I also am going to dive into some advertising with Angie's List. As much as I wasn't into it before, I have been getting calls from it lately. Did my research and the advertisers are getting $100 for every $10 they put in. I asked tons of questions and decided to try it for a year. I quit Yellowbook btw.

For Sales, I'm going to be starting to buy parts to sell as part of install packages for the stores. And maybe some type of discount program for "tell a friend" type thing. I have more for these, but they will be tested and trialed later on as I see how these new ideas work out.

PBComputer
12-25-2011, 07:24 PM
I have several ideas, some of which I would like to keep under wraps for the moment, but a workshop refit, and I think the biggest way I'm gonna increase my profit is take more time off, so I don't get burned out and so ill like I have being this year.

callthatgirl
12-25-2011, 07:37 PM
Paul, let's go to Vegas! lol

I need a lot of personal time off too. It's really hard to do I found out this year.