PDA

View Full Version : Site needs reviews Please

coreyspeed
12-14-2011, 08:23 AM
hi,

this site has been up for a while but we are considering changes to it so would like to get some opinons on the current state of the site.

http://www.parc.co.uk

Corey

RicChapman
12-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Hey Corey,

First off I just wanted to say you have a nice looking site there, I have a thing about clean structured looks and the site is certainly that. Nice logo and all the pages are very easy to read.

For suggested improvements I would perhaps look at moving your phone and email address from the social widget in the side bar and putting it in the top right of the page in effort to display them more prominently. Perhaps in a similar colour and font to your logo. That will also fill in the huge white space you have there.

I'm not one for testimonial pages but there appears to be very mixed opinions on that front, I prefer to avoid them. I'd much prefer to try and direct customers to my facebook pages and get them posting there.

Pricing doesn't appear anywhere on the site but I'm sensing that's intentional in an attempt to get people to call or get them in the shop. All good but generally some people look for techs to see if there are any local businesses and secondly to check out prices. If you still feel avoiding any sort of pricing on the site is the best course of action then perhaps replace that idea with special offers to grab attention and get one up on any competition you might have.

And a little off topic but are there plans to put your site logo on your shop front, the site logo looks very nice and will help people spot you if they decide to pay a visit.

All the best with the tweaking

Ric

neil
12-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Just one quick comment. I think your phone number needs to be much bigger and at the top. I had to look for it.

Neil

Encrypted Existence
12-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Just one quick comment. I think your phone number needs to be much bigger and at the top. I had to look for it.

Neil

+1...AGREED. Why not put your phone number in the empty space you have at the top?

TopLevelComp
12-14-2011, 07:21 PM
I really like it. It's clean.

I agree with the phone number comment, should move it to the top, along with the address, and make it big so customers don't have to have go hunting for it.

Xander
12-14-2011, 07:44 PM
To add to what is being said above, I tend to think that most customers are NOT looking at our websites for detailed information about all the services we can provide or how to fix a problem themselves. They are looking for contact information. Most people will have found you in Google and will click to your site to get a way to contact a real person.
Contact information should be visible to the customer in the first couple of seconds of your page loading and 'above the fold'.

Cambridge PC Support
12-14-2011, 07:47 PM
Is it possible to have some kind of bot or script that automatically puts "make phone number bigger" as the first reply to anyone putting a site on here for critique? :)

Xander
12-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Also worth mentioning that your Facebook account is against the terms of service. Your business can't have a profile (with friends); it must have a page (with fans).

coreyspeed
12-15-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks, Everyone. it has been mentioned before to move the phone number and that will be done soon.

@ehousecalls - thanks for that i dont manage the facebook so had no idea about that.
@RicChapman - Yer the sign needs to be changed

IAMPC
12-15-2011, 03:03 PM
Great looking site, simple and clean. Why not make the entire site have the say look as your online store?