PDA

View Full Version : Useful power jack supplier for the UK

Martyn
12-08-2011, 05:07 PM
I normally get power jacks from Ebay but I was looking for one that wasn't on there and started Googling. I spoke to this company in the UK and they had this link to a pdf that specified which power jacks are compatible with other laptops, most usefulif you have some labeled specifically to one laptop like I have and can now cross reference to other laptops.

http://www.rolta.co.uk/ekmps/shops/roltait76/resources/Other/rolta-it-ltd-laptop-dc-power-jack-socket-connector-product-listing.pdf

Cadishead Computers
12-08-2011, 10:10 PM
Nice find Martyn. Thanks, have saved the page for future reference.

Rolta are a good supplier to deal with. I use them for a lot of my screen replacements.

seedubya
12-09-2011, 01:20 AM
Thanks for that! I use Rolta for screens too. Good prices and quality of goods and service.

Dameize
12-09-2011, 01:35 AM
I know I can find guides but in general are laptops hard to change the Jack on?

madmodder
12-10-2011, 11:24 AM
good find will be saving this for futre refrence

Martyn
12-10-2011, 11:29 AM
I know I can find guides but in general are laptops hard to change the Jack on?

Sometimes they are soldered to the motherboard, sometimes on a board of their own. Some come with a lead so you can just plug them in and no soldering required. Virtually all require a complete strip down to the motherboard area and a couple i've done require the screen assembly to be removed. If i'm quiet I do them myself but if i'm busy I outsource them and take less profit. Thing to remember is that is all hands on time, no waiting for scans etc.