PDA

View Full Version : Software to manage business

Wise Guys
12-05-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi,

What programs do others use to create/track invoices, scheduling (with mapping from Google maps if possible) and CRM. I have looked through the the articles and archives, but I haven't managed to find a solid solution. I have searched Google for this, but most of the programs I find are for one area and I have to use their web interface with a monthly fee. I know Outlook can hold all my contacts and it has a scheduling system in it, but it is SO SIMPLE. There is no way for me to link a client with a schedule, link an invoice to the client, track a clients service history, pull up invoices for an individual or company and well you get the idea. What are others using to manage their business?

16k_zx81
12-05-2011, 11:50 AM
PC Repair Tracker (http://www.pcrepairtracker.com/)

Highly recommend it.

Does all the invoicing, work orders, customer details, work order groups, stock, monthly totals, receipts, etc. Plus I can access it from my phone when on the road. Its a solid option with a great feature-set.

The other thing I can say about it is the after-sales support is excellent. Luke has helped me out a number of times with the software. His assistance has always been prompt, thorough and is technically impeccable. There's also an active peer community available on the Forums.

Wise Guys
12-05-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks, I will definitively check it out.

Martyn
12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
+1 what Jim says. PC Repair Tracker is not only a good product but it is contimually being updated/upgraded to add more and more features. It is well supported by Luke the creator as well with it's own forum once you buy it.

schwags
12-05-2011, 02:43 PM
+1 again for PC Repair Tracker. There are a few small inconsistencies I run into once in a while, but over all I have found it MUCH easier to use and train my employees on than the other CRM solutions out there. Also, Luke (the developer) is very attentive to comments and suggestions. I have it hosted on an outside server, so I can use it on any web enabled device. This is VERY handy for on-site jobs. That all being said, I still use Quickbooks for the back-office accounting work like payroll and taxes.

FoolishTech
12-05-2011, 03:14 PM
If you use google apps, you might try the free Insightly (https://www.google.com/enterprise/marketplace/viewListing?productListingId=3956+1579782751493654 3044&hp=cpanel&pli=1) from the marketplace. Never tried it myself but have been meaning to check it out.

Currently I don't have a good system. I've been using MS Small Biz Accounting 2009 for my invoices, and MS OneNote for just about everything else. I rarely track repair history/tickets unless it's a business client, however. It's a poor system, I know.

Wise Guys
12-05-2011, 03:35 PM
Thank you all for your help! I will take your recommendations and dive more into PC Repair Tracker.

TopLevelComp
12-05-2011, 06:10 PM
Repair tracker we're currently developing has mapping capabilities, creating and tracking receipts, tells if it's a new customer or a returning customer, allows for multiple taxes in case you have more than just a sales tax, currently in talks with several credit card processing companies to include support for traditional credit card machines. No monthly fees unless you use the hosted solution, or pay a one time fee to host it yourself.

cmonova
12-05-2011, 10:57 PM
Like the others said check out PC Repair Tracker (http://pcrepairtracker.com/)....Luke has done an outstanding job and continually adds to it.

Just some of the features:

* Tracking of Repair Workflow
* Customer Info & Assets
* Built in Point of Sale
* Support for Multiple Tax rates on both Goods and Services.
* Web Based Interface
* Printable Claim Ticket, Invoices, Receipts & Repair Report
* Email Invoices, Repair Reports, Receipts
* Reporting - Sales and Technician Activity
* PHP & MySQL Database driven
* Store Inventory Management
* Optional Touchscreen Interface
* Asset, Address and Price Tag printing with a Dymo Printer
* Integrated Asset Picture taking with any desktop webcam
* Scripts for your customers to check repair status on your website
* Customer Source tracking for Marketing purposes
* AuthorizeNet, Sage Payments and PayPal Website Payments Pro plugins
* Multi-Store Support

phaZed
12-06-2011, 03:43 AM
PC Repair Tracker all the way. It's been a great tool to keep everything in line and flowing... and it just keeps getting better.

mic1011
12-06-2011, 05:31 AM
I bought PC Repair Tracker, but decided to use Quickbooks a few days later. So far I hate Quickbooks, and am considering going to PCRT. The thing I don't like about PCRT is that by default it creates a roadmap to HOW you fixed the computer via it's "actions" log. I believe that is an unwise thing to have printed for customers. IMO, telling the customer the exact list of software required to fix their system is a bad idea.

If the printout can be minimized to a basic service summary, I might give it a try. Does it handle inventory/sales/income properly? How does it handle receiving inventory, and cost/price adjustments? So far I can't stand the way Quickbooks handles these things.