PDA

View Full Version : Free SEO advice

Dameize
12-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Hello All,
Im new here and want to contribute something since ive already had a fair bit of helpfull info.

Im not an SEO expert but I like to thing I have a solid SEO knowledge and that I am fairly advanced.

So if you post your site URL or inbox me it I will have a look and give you feedback and suggestions for improvement.

If this is against the rules then I apologize.

Thanks.

Wise Guys
12-05-2011, 01:14 PM
Hi Dameize,

I would be thrilled if you could give me some tid bits on my site. Thank you.

www.WiseGuysComputers.com (http://wiseguyscomputers.com)

EDIT: Feel free to discuss my webpage in this thread, I don't mind. If it will help me, then I am sure it will help others. Thanks again.

Last edit: the second picture on my slider is not the correct photo. It is a work in progress at the moment.

jamesp4330
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Sure I am always looking for constructive comments.

I have not posted enough so forgive the broken url AOITS com.

BryanLee
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Hi, Feel free to have a look at my site.

http://aerotekit.com

Cornerstone Technologies
12-05-2011, 03:03 PM
I think if you wanted to go above and beyond, maybe you could actually post what your advice is.

schwags
12-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Yes, actual feedback in the forums would be much more useful than private feedback. With the site owner's permission of course...

For instance, my site is a bit different because it is not standard hosted HTML. It is a flash site hosted with WIX, so there are a number of SEO obstacles that make it harder to optimize. I will eventually move away from the flash based site, but for now it is working great. Any hints with it?

dgiles79
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
I am open to any feedback regarding my site http://DLKITSolutions.com

Thanks for your help.

iisjman07
12-05-2011, 05:04 PM
If you're offering to help out, it would be awesome if you could write a little something on the Wiki (http://www.technibble.com/forums/showwiki.php?title=Welcome) :D

Dameize
12-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Only just checked back on the thread, ill get around to looking over the next few days.

Basically my advice just relates to

> Meta Tags e.g. keyword choice and Title etc
> H1
> Keyword density
> Outbound links
> Inbound Links

Its basically just a quick review for any immediate issues and what I would personally fix.

mirandu04
12-06-2011, 08:17 AM
the one thing what i don't really understand about SEO is keyword density and the way you have to put those words in the site. i mean is it ok to have a higher density in one part of the site or it depends on the entire site?

16k_zx81
12-06-2011, 10:12 AM
the one thing what i don't really understand about SEO is keyword density and the way you have to put those words in the site. i mean is it ok to have a higher density in one part of the site or it depends on the entire site?

Back in 1995 maybe keyword density was a real issue. These days its a factor among many. Yes you need your keyword featured and to make sure its in the right places. The trick is to fit it in without making the keyword optimization on the page look blatantly obvious to customers reading it. Ie it can be really off-putting if the keyword is mentioned over and over, particularly in the case of geographically-delimited long-tail keywords, which are fairly apparent to begin with. So yes, look at your density, but also ensure the page is readable and doesn't look like one big Algorithm-magnet or this will also put people off.

schwags
12-13-2011, 01:14 AM
algorithm magnet, would that be like a sex pheromone for robots? I can just see that advertised in the back of some cheap magazine like 'popular circuits'.:D

16k_zx81
12-13-2011, 01:30 AM
algorithm magnet, would that be like a sex pheromone for robots? I can just see that advertised in the back of some cheap magazine like 'popular circuits'.:D

Ahh - you caught me out :) I use those mags for all my advertising inspiration :D

bingling
12-13-2011, 04:17 AM
When I get my site up, I am coming straight to you!

Dameize
12-13-2011, 01:19 PM
I intended to let the thread die due to some concerns by those who do SEO for a living. I will still take a look but it will be limited in what I look at. I will still honor anyone posting previous to this post though and will get back to you all for the weekend, ive just been busy with uni and work etc.

Mr.Mike
12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Your original offer was impressive and kind of you. I believe iisjman007 suggestion that you put something in the wiki is a great idea. I offer my site for your review (see signature) if you would be so kind.

Mr.Mike
12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Back in 1995 maybe keyword density was a real issue. These days its a factor among many. Yes you need your keyword featured and to make sure its in the right places. The trick is to fit it in without making the keyword optimization on the page look blatantly obvious to customers reading it. Ie it can be really off-putting if the keyword is mentioned over and over, particularly in the case of geographically-delimited long-tail keywords, which are fairly apparent to begin with. So yes, look at your density, but also ensure the page is readable and doesn't look like one big Algorithm-magnet or this will also put people off.

Thank you for this 16k_zx81. I found this helpful. :)