PDA

View Full Version : What cell phone and plan do you use for Business?

coffee
11-19-2011, 09:33 PM
I was reading the thread about Which credit card service everyone is using and wondered what cell phone most of you techs are using in the field with like "square one" or "Intuit"?

Would also like to know about your plan too. Right now Im with sprint but my phone is a "stupid" phone. If Im going to go with square one or intuit they support the smart phones.

OK! Lets see whatcha got!!:D

p.s - =-> My sprint phone is up for its 2 year renewal but I havent yet.

dgast
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM
Hey Coffee!

Been using a Droid X for about 6 months, love the phone and the Verizon network. Luckily I have a 20% discount through my full time gig. Can't complain about either the phone or service. Caught the thread on the Credit Cards also, been using Pay Pal just taking the client to the site and plugging an an amount and let them fill out the CC info I'm done, use that account to buy parts and what not. I would be interested in using the phone also, no matter what you do you'll pay nearly 3% to use them. :eek:

dgiles79
11-19-2011, 09:43 PM
I use the Evo on Sprint's network. It works great, I use it for Square payments, GPS, email etc. The only major downside is battery life, I usually charge it overnight, then have to charge again by lunch time.

coffee
11-19-2011, 09:55 PM
Hey Coffee!

Been using a Droid X for about 6 months, love the phone and the Verizon network. Luckily I have a 20% discount through my full time gig. Can't complain about either the phone or service. Caught the thread on the Credit Cards also, been using Pay Pal just taking the client to the site and plugging an an amount and let them fill out the CC info I'm done, use that account to buy parts and what not. I would be interested in using the phone also, no matter what you do you'll pay nearly 3% to use them. :eek:

Well that sounds alot better than my charge.com fiasco!!!!:mad:

Thanks for your reply!:)

coffee
11-19-2011, 10:00 PM
I use the Evo on Sprint's network. It works great, I use it for Square payments, GPS, email etc. The only major downside is battery life, I usually charge it overnight, then have to charge again by lunch time.

Hi,

Ill have to check into that too. Thanks so much!

c

dgast
11-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Well that sounds alot better than my charge.com fiasco!!!!:mad:

Thanks for your reply!:)

I did not bring that up, I was trying to let you forget about it...:D

BryanLee
11-19-2011, 11:07 PM
I use my Samsung Infuse on AT&T. I love it. It is rooted and runs the MIUI rom.

I use it for:

Credit Card Payments
Invoices/Estimates
Website Monitoring/Chat

coffee
11-19-2011, 11:56 PM
I did not bring that up, I was trying to let you forget about it...:D

Damn Butchers .... :eek:

Hey, Was looking at what Sprint had to offer on the Evo. Interesting.

Whats your monthly chrg like?

coffee
11-20-2011, 12:03 AM
I use my Samsung Infuse on AT&T. I love it. It is rooted and runs the MIUI rom.

I use it for:

Credit Card Payments
Invoices/Estimates
Website Monitoring/Chat

Just looked at it. Looks pretty good.

Can I ask what pay plan you went with?

TechLady
11-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Droid3 with Verizon. Hurtful bills but NEVER any dropped calls and I do travel to other coast sometimes, it has the best coverage. Credit cards: Squareup

Jeffreynya
11-20-2011, 01:20 AM
Droidx. I also get the 20% discount. Its a great deal with a family plan. Love the phone.

Tony_Scarpelli
11-20-2011, 01:29 AM
HTC 4g droid Tmobile, unlimited voice, message, internet, text without laptop hook up. I don't use email to my phone as I hate that. 2 phones for $109 per month plus taxes works out to $127 something or another.

NWPhotog
11-20-2011, 02:00 AM
I have 2 lines unlimited voice, text, data on T-mobile with an HTC Sensation and a MyTouch 4g Slide. With taxes and fees $169 a month. I need to get a seperate hot spot or cellular card but keep putting it off.

carlitos31
11-20-2011, 06:25 AM
3 line family plan , 1500 daytime minutes, free nights and weekends., unlimited texting, $110.00 with tax. As far as data, 200 mb for extra $10 for my line. More than enough for square :).
I have
a tmobile G2

IAMPC
11-20-2011, 06:41 AM
Just switch to iPhone from Blackberry and I use Sprint...

coffee
11-20-2011, 02:28 PM
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply.

Thank you for all your replys!

:)

callthatgirl
11-20-2011, 02:48 PM
I have 2 blackberry's on ATT unlimited minutes, one with unlimited data and the other is for text/phone only. $229 a month.

RichmondTech
11-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I have a low minute plan with Verizon since I don't talk on the phone a lot and those that I do talk with tend to have Verizon as well so it doesn't burn up my minutes. I use a Droid X and my wife uses a Samsung Fascinate.

tobey
11-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Wow, some of your monthly bills are insane! I don't do a whole lot of talking on the go, so I use t-mobile prepaid. I average around $20 a month. And for data, I have a prepaid 3G MiFi hotspot which I connect my phone and laptop to. This costs me $35 a month.

So for $55 a month I have phone + 3G data. Not too shabby. Plus I can skip buying the data during slower months when I don't need it.

kremo5le
11-21-2011, 02:44 AM
I honestly think that Sprint has the BEST plans out there and, with the iPhones in their line of devices, you just have whatever customization, plan + device, you can think of.

TechLoopPC
11-21-2011, 02:52 AM
I'm a Verizon Wireless dealer -- needless to say, I use Verizon Wireless. Getting an employee account so the monthly rate is very very reasonable, one of the few perks.

eggy53
11-21-2011, 04:26 AM
Hey Coffee!

How you deal with paypal? I mean, not everyone has a Paypal account.

carlitos31
11-21-2011, 05:01 AM
How you deal with paypal? I mean, not everyone has a Paypal account.
You don't need an account to make a payment using paypal

Peaceful
11-21-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm rockin a Samsung Galaxy Prevail rooted with Cyanogenmod 7 Gingerbread.
Stock the phone pretty much blows but Cyanogen makes it a really decent phone.
With Boost I have unlimited everything for $50 bucks a month with shrinkage so my bill is
about to go down to $45 and in another 12 months I'll only be paying $35 a month.
For cc payments I use Square, works like a charm.

How in the world do you Blackberry people do without Android? I mean really I
feel like I'm living in the Star Trek age with a tricorder with this Android phone.
It never ceases to amaze me the tricks this thing can do.

Slaters Kustum Machines
11-21-2011, 03:30 PM
I use a DROID X on Verizon and Paypal. When you login to Paypal there is an option to request money. You enter the amount and then since I use a free version you send an email to the customer and they login to email and have the option to pay via Paypal or using CC/DC. I don't mind the Paypal fee as I don't actually do a lot with CC. Mostly because I don't have a store yet.

kremo5le
11-21-2011, 07:35 PM
I use a DROID X on Verizon and Paypal. When you login to Paypal there is an option to request money. You enter the amount and then since I use a free version you send an email to the customer and they login to email and have the option to pay via Paypal or using CC/DC. I don't mind the Paypal fee as I don't actually do a lot with CC. Mostly because I don't have a store yet.

I used to be with Verizon and liked the service but not the rates. When I went to Sprint I said I was looking for quotes and that I owned a business. The guy was smart to give us a good deal meaning a discount that to this date still and will apply to our account for as long as we are members.

I'm sure you can do this with any company, not only Verizon. They want your business more than anything.

Slaters Kustum Machines
11-21-2011, 07:56 PM
The only problem I have with Verizon is I couldn't add a second line to my phone for business use. I resolved this by using Google Voice, but had I known this I would have stayed with US Cellular.

TechLoopPC
11-22-2011, 02:29 AM
The only problem I have with Verizon is I couldn't add a second line to my phone for business use. I resolved this by using Google Voice, but had I known this I would have stayed with US Cellular.

I'm confused by this, did you mean you wanted to share two numbers with one phone? Otherwise you can add up to 5 lines to your family share account, but you would need a separate phone. I have an extra line with a local number that forwards to my cell phone, only negative is when I call out customers see my cell phone caller id. I honestly wouldn't even bother with trying to keep a separate number for work and personal -- People are going to end up with both anyway -- you can run apps on the phone that filter which calls get through (for example on Sundays only Contacts listed in my "Friends" or "Family" groups on my phone actually ring, rest get forwarded to voicemail.

Use Google Voice for your voicemail on your cell phone, biggest time-saver ever -- favorite part about having a smartphone.

Slaters Kustum Machines
11-22-2011, 02:38 PM
I'm confused by this, did you mean you wanted to share two numbers with one phone? Otherwise you can add up to 5 lines to your family share account, but you would need a separate phone. I have an extra line with a local number that forwards to my cell phone, only negative is when I call out customers see my cell phone caller id. I honestly wouldn't even bother with trying to keep a separate number for work and personal -- People are going to end up with both anyway -- you can run apps on the phone that filter which calls get through (for example on Sundays only Contacts listed in my "Friends" or "Family" groups on my phone actually ring, rest get forwarded to voicemail.

Use Google Voice for your voicemail on your cell phone, biggest time-saver ever -- favorite part about having a smartphone.

Yes I wanted two separate phone numbers on the same phone. One business one personal, which USCC would have done, but I had already signed up for a 2 year contract with Verizon just before I started my business. I use Google Voice, but like you said when I make a call I use my Verizon number so in the end it probably was a waste of time. Oh well live and learn.

coffee
11-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Wow, This is great. Im soaking up info like mad here :)

Thanks for all the great replies.

One question, If I do upgrade my phone and all does 4square or intuit charge for the add-on hardware to take charge cards?

thanks!!

Appletax
11-22-2011, 05:29 PM
My girlfriend and I have the same phone and service:

LG Thrive smartphone
ATT Go Prepaid @ $25/month
250 minutes
Unlimited texting
Unlimited data over WiFi (ATT doesn't make you pay for data if you don't want it)

TechLoopPC
11-23-2011, 06:10 AM
Yes I wanted two separate phone numbers on the same phone. One business one personal, which USCC would have done, but I had already signed up for a 2 year contract with Verizon just before I started my business. I use Google Voice, but like you said when I make a call I use my Verizon number so in the end it probably was a waste of time. Oh well live and learn.

Gotcha, FYI if you use the Google Voice app on a smart phone you can set it to make calls from your Google Voice number -- not entirely sure how this works, I don't think it uses SIP/VOIP, just changes the caller id....I think!

TechLady
11-23-2011, 09:50 AM
One question, If I do upgrade my phone and all does 4square or intuit charge for the add-on hardware to take charge cards?

Not sure about Intuit (they do charge for just about everything)...but the SquareUp gadget is free. I got mine @ Target for $10 and then they gave me back $10 in my account.

Cambridge PC Support
11-23-2011, 10:09 AM
In the UK I use an HTC HD2 running Hyperdroid's Android 2.3.7 on a T-Mobile monthly contract with 900 mins & 1GB data for about 22/month

The T-Mobile signal is rubbish here though, so I'm wanting to change over to O2 and get a new phone, preferably a high end HTC running ICS. Contract doesn't run out 'til May though, but Phones4U are pretty good at buying people's contracts out.

PBComputer
11-23-2011, 03:45 PM
Currently got 2 phones, 1 blackberry and another htc, both on Vodafone, both are 900 mins, 3000 texts and 'unlimited' data, it's normally 50 a month for both phones.

Slaters Kustum Machines
11-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Gotcha, FYI if you use the Google Voice app on a smart phone you can set it to make calls from your Google Voice number -- not entirely sure how this works, I don't think it uses SIP/VOIP, just changes the caller id....I think!

I tried that and if I remember correctly it it wasn't my Google Voice number when I called. It seemed to be random. Maybe I will look into it again.

MobileTechie
12-08-2011, 12:16 PM
I use Vodafone only the UK because none of the others have enough coverage. I've tried Orange and T-Mobile but always had problems. Shame because they're often a lot cheaper.

Vodafone just upgraded my old HTC Magic to a Galaxy 2S and upped my minutes for the same price I was paying before. So I now get 1100 minutes for 35/mth

Martyn
12-08-2011, 02:34 PM
How that works, tried requesting money but it asked for a account whrn trying to pay.

It can be done via the Paypal website. Look at my website and click on the Pay Hobit page. Click on the Paypal link and you can either pay via a Paypal account or by card. I get an email as soon as its done.