PDA

View Full Version : Flyers and brochures issues in business kit

JayDee
11-17-2011, 08:34 PM
Hello! My name is William Lamar, i have recently purchased your business kit. Very impressive, i have 1 small problem. I am using paint shop pro to try to open and access the .SVG files, when i use PSP to open it say it's not a valid SVG file, is there a way i can get another version of the edit files for all marketing material?

Order ID # ***********

Thanks!

Edit: I have e-mailed a services@whittyideas.com.au and has not received a response. If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated.

Martyn
11-17-2011, 08:59 PM
Download free Inkscape. Google is your friend.

Bryce W
11-18-2011, 01:42 AM
Hey William,
Mentioned this in the email but for anyone else reading, SVG is an open source vector format. Adobe Illustrator (paid) and Inkscape (free, inkscape.org) are able to edit it.

Techless
11-18-2011, 01:57 AM
Hey William,
Mentioned this in the email but for anyone else reading, SVG is an open source vector format. Adobe Illustrator (paid) and Inkscape (free, inkscape.org) are able to edit it.

Would Gimp work also?

Bryce W
11-18-2011, 02:32 AM
Just downloaded and installed Gimp to test. While I dont really know how to use Gimp myself, the SVGs definitely open in Gimp and look the same as if they were opened in Inkscape/AI.

ODINComputers
12-04-2011, 03:36 AM
Gimp only opens .SVG files as a single flattened layer. The best free way to edit is as suggested above InkScape.

16k_zx81
12-04-2011, 05:11 AM
The first and second results in Google for the search query "open svg files" also mention it ..

---------------------