PDA

View Full Version : Demonoid

geekhelp4u
09-07-2008, 12:32 AM
Heads UP!!!

For those who do not have an account... Registration is OPEN right now!

http://www.demonoid.com/register.php

gunslinger
09-07-2008, 01:46 AM
And then we wonder why they got shut down the first time. :rolleyes:

MHCG
09-07-2008, 03:07 AM
Why'd they get shut down?

gunslinger
09-07-2008, 04:37 PM
Why'd they get shut down?

Its my understanding that too much attention was brought to them. Canadian version or the RIAA got wind of them and shut them down for a while.

Demonoid, like other very popular torrent sites got shut down basically because it was so popular. The RIAA goes after the biggest figure head. Look at napster and Kazaa.

The less we can toss around names of our best torrent sites on public forums the better off we will be I think.

Jory
09-08-2008, 12:06 AM
They supposedly have "bullet-proof" hosting now. If you have the money and knowledge it's not hard to get hosting somewhere in Asia or the old Soviet states where even if they understood English they'd just laugh at the take down notices.

Now they'd have to find out who the admin is and also find some type of law they could charge him with violating by running the tracker. That might not be such an easy thing to do depending on where he lives. There are quite a few more steps now than just getting some lawyers to harass people.

Blues
09-08-2008, 07:59 PM
They supposedly have "bullet-proof" hosting now. If you have the money and knowledge it's not hard to get hosting somewhere in Asia or the old Soviet states where even if they understood English they'd just laugh at the take down notices.

Now they'd have to find out who the admin is and also find some type of law they could charge him with violating by running the tracker. That might not be such an easy thing to do depending on where he lives. There are quite a few more steps now than just getting some lawyers to harass people.

The Pirate Bay anyone? I rarely use it but it is in one of those nice little areas.