PDA

View Full Version : Dell Laptop LCD Dark

KrazyBytes
11-10-2011, 04:20 PM
I had a customer bring in a DELL laptop and it appeared that the backlight was out on the LCD. I ordered a new and it still lookst the same. Will whole mobo have to be replaced?

Encrypted Existence
11-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I had a customer bring in a DELL laptop and it appeared that the backlight was out on the LCD. I ordered a new and it still lookst the same. Will whole mobo have to be replaced?

Perhaps the inverter needed replacing...not the screen.

KrazyBytes
11-10-2011, 05:20 PM
Inverter is part at the bottom of the screen correct? It can with the new screen.

Martyn
11-10-2011, 05:29 PM
Inverter is part at the bottom of the screen correct? It can with the new screen.

Do you mean it came with the new screen? That's not usually the case as it is a separate item. This component, usually at the bottom below the screen, fires up the screen backlight so if your screen is dim it could be screen backlight(replace screen) or the inverter(replace the board) or indeed the inverter supply cable.

Encrypted Existence
11-10-2011, 05:33 PM

The inverter is a separate piece below the screen. One end of the inverter connects to the video and the other end connects to the backlight.

KrazyBytes
11-10-2011, 07:25 PM
Hmmmm. I'll check that out.