PDA

View Full Version : Would anyone like a section for jokes and humour?

16k_zx81
11-10-2011, 01:10 AM
I always enjoy a good laugh, and sometimes at the end of the day its just the thing to relax and get away from fixing other peoples problems.

So I was wondering if anyone would be interested in the idea of a section of the Forum specifically for sharing a joke or a funny story about work or whatever; a place we can go when its not tech or information we're looking for but just some light relief loosely based around the idea of tech humour (or whatever) :)

What do you think?

RichmondTech
11-10-2011, 02:12 AM
That's not Technibble Forums > Other Discussions > General Chat ?

Xander
11-10-2011, 04:09 AM
Yeah, I think General Chat picks that up well enough. It's not like we've got so many jokes in that forum that there's little else.

coffee
11-10-2011, 12:45 PM
I think it would be a great idea. Would make a great release from the daily grind.

MotzTech
11-10-2011, 12:58 PM
I have run a few forums over the years and I found that the more general the forums the better. I worked on (but did not run) one site that went way too far in creating sections, subsections, and sub subsections. Long story short, people really only used the general section and all the other ones died out. I ended up leaving that site because the owner refused to clean it up and it was a nightmare to moderate with spammers about.

Edit: A good way to get more humor would be to start a "Joke thread" in general to encourage people to post jokes in. If it works it will stay at the top of the forum and be a central place for jokes.

Bryce W
11-10-2011, 01:44 PM
I have run a few forums over the years and I found that the more general the forums the better. I worked on (but did not run) one site that went way too far in creating sections, subsections, and sub subsections. Long story short, people really only used the general section and all the other ones died out. I ended up leaving that site because the owner refused to clean it up and it was a nightmare to moderate with spammers about.

Edit: A good way to get more humor would be to start a "Joke thread" in general to encourage people to post jokes in. If it works it will stay at the top of the forum and be a central place for jokes.
This. I dont think there are enough jokes to warrant its own forum. A joke thread in the General forum would be more appropriate.

Encrypted Existence
11-10-2011, 01:45 PM
Yes. Just yes. fillllllller

Martyn
11-10-2011, 02:32 PM
As much as a I like jokes I have found wherever they are there are problems. What is a joke to one person is offensive to another plus we have different senses of hiumour per country.

iisjman07
11-10-2011, 02:43 PM
you could add '[Joke]' to the thread title; that way you could put them in the general section but they'd be easy to find/search for

Metanis
11-10-2011, 06:41 PM
So did you hear the one about the two floppy drives at the bar?

bertie40
11-10-2011, 07:48 PM
..... They enquired about the bar meals
"20 per head, or 30 for a combo platter"

(sorry)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ..... Whist proclaiming the machine fixed, grabbing the cash and running like hell.

Joseph_
01-04-2012, 04:00 AM
sure.. why not. and I agree with iisj

Cambridge PC Support
01-04-2012, 07:50 AM
My wife wanted to know how the laptop got sticky keys.

So I told her to press Shift 5 times.