PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I see signatures?

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 02:15 AM
Why can't I see the signatures in member's posts/topics. I can't even see my own signature.

NYJimbo
09-01-2008, 02:51 AM
I'm a little curious.

You just signed up today and made alot of posts, many just quick observations. Next you recommend a new browser from a company called "Syclosoft" which if you look at their domain name is only 3 days old.

Now you are pushing this "new browser" as if you just discovered it which is weird because if you google it you see only a few results for syclosoft, all of which are someone pushing this "new browser" and that person just joined those forums in the past day or so. Some of the "recommendations" dont make sense, like recommend using syclosoft instead of AVG. :confused:

So what gives, are you "Joe Antonelli" and what is this "new browser". Something smells fishy and I have a bad feeling about this.

<removed whois data>

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 04:02 AM
Could you take that information down? It may get crawled by search engines.

And I can see signatures now. Thanks.

EDIT: Please! Take this information down. It's personal.

Bryce W
09-01-2008, 04:07 AM
Why would you care unless its your own domain/details? Smells damn fishy to me too.

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 04:08 AM
Please delete this topic. I'll stop coming on these forums if you want me too.

Bryce W
09-01-2008, 04:16 AM
If you stay and contribute to the community, fine. Just dont advertise.

This is a forum of computer technicians, we have seen all sorts of types of advertising. We are all aware of the "poster 1 asks a question about what the best _____ is". A few days later "poster 2 answers it with their own site... who is also poster 1" type of spamming. It doesnt fool us.

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 04:18 AM
I will contribute. Could you maybe delete this topic? It has my site's name and my name and everything. I would really appreciate it.

NYJimbo
09-01-2008, 04:23 AM
It is publicly worldwide available information on "whois" for the domain.

You have been posting on several forums pretending to have just found this browser.

Why are you afraid of your information if you are actually offering a legitimate browser?.

I am going to keep the information on file for myself just in case something bad happens.

Not a good way to introduce yourself to the community.

MHCG
09-01-2008, 08:21 AM
If you don't want to have your data available, don't register the DNS then come on here pushing your site. If you're looking to advertise under false pretenses, you'd be better off going to a forum of end users. We deal with internet scams every day and can smell them from a mile away.

Simmy
09-01-2008, 09:53 AM
lol - funny stuff :D

What's wrong with going onto a forum and saying "Hi guys, my name is Joe Bloggs and I've made a new Web browser which is free to use. Would anyone mind trying it out"?

I just tried the programs out in VMWare and as the description says, they're very simplistic. I'll stick to firefox and microsoft word for the time being.

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
NYJImbo, MHGC, and Simmy - You've posted in this topic several times, yet you fail to answer my question -- Why can't I see signatures?

NYJimbo
09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
NYJImbo, MHGC, and Simmy - You've posted in this topic several times, yet you fail to answer my question -- Why can't I see signatures?

In a previous post you said:

So, which is it ?

TechHelper
09-01-2008, 04:12 PM

So, which is it ?

I can't. Yesterday I could (when I posted that). Today I cannot.

Simmy
09-01-2008, 04:36 PM
What browser are you using? Do you get the same problem in both firefox and IE7?

MHCG
09-01-2008, 05:06 PM

So, which is it ?

Seriously, WTF is up with this guy? Am I supposed to offer an unnecessary diagnosis of non-existent problems on the off chance that his symptoms came back? Methinks he's just trying to change the subject.

I find it hard to believe that I'm seriously expected to explain to a guy that built his own browser how to edit his profile settings in vBulletin to show signatures.

bmetman
09-01-2008, 05:15 PM
What browser are you using? Do you get the same problem in both firefox and IE7?

Are you using Syclosoft by chance. Sorry I could not resist.:p

09-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Check your options to make sure you have signatures visible.

Additionally, that TigerDog browser isn't really a browser, is it? What's the point of it? It's just a Visual Basic 2005 app with the Web Browser control added in. SO, essentially it's just Internet Explorer with almost zero functionality. Even though it has TONS less functionality, it has the same memory footprint...the WebBrowser control doesn't resize when you maximize the window...

i2omani
09-02-2008, 03:41 AM
If you stay and contribute to the community, fine. Just dont advertise.

This is a forum of computer technicians, we have seen all sorts of types of advertising. We are all aware of the "poster 1 asks a question about what the best _____ is". A few days later "poster 2 answers it with their own site... who is also poster 1" type of spamming. It doesnt fool us.

And that Dog don't HUNT!! :D

Bryce W
09-03-2008, 05:05 AM
I removed the signature since the obvious intention was to advertise. It was working when you asked so I am fairly confident that you were just trying to bring attention it it.