PDA

View Full Version : What to do with old Compaq Aero 2130 handheld w/ Win CE 2.31

tankman1989
10-18-2011, 09:51 AM
http://reviews.cnet.com/tablets/compaq-aero-2130-handheld/1707-3126_7-30000231.html

I've never really used this but I would like to know if this thing has any "off-label" uses. It has a CF slot so I guess I can get some CF cards that are pretty large. Maybe use this as a reader?

So, what can these old handhelds be used for?

Cornerstone Technologies
10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
As far as handhelds go, that one in particular might be very useless. CE 2.3 is long obsolete considering that CE 6.0 was the last version for ARM devices. Personally, I wouldn't waste time trying to find a use for it when there are much better devices if you want to 'read' ebook. Just because you have something, doesnt always mean you have to use it.

RichmondTech
10-18-2011, 06:32 PM
As far as handhelds go, that one in particular might be very useless. CE 2.3 is long obsolete considering that CE 6.0 was the last version for ARM devices. Personally, I wouldn't waste time trying to find a use for it when there are much better devices if you want to 'read' ebook. Just because you have something, doesnt always mean you have to use it.

Agreed. This is a solution looking for a problem.