PDA

View Full Version : I was charged $49.99 for Norton. I DONT EVEN OWN OR TOUCH NORTON PRODUCTS

Phishie
08-26-2008, 07:04 AM
Ya so I just got my credit card statement and NORTON ANNUAL RENEWAL 877-294-5265 CA $49.99 is on there. I have never owned a Norton product in my life. I think maybe my credit card has been compromised. I am going to have this charge reversed and a new card issued to me.

Gonna start doing full virus and spyware removal procedure on my computer right now.

Anybody else seeing this lately?

NYJimbo
08-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Ya so I just got my credit card statement and NORTON ANNUAL REMOVAL 877-294-5265 CA $49.99 is on there. I have never owned a Norton product in my life. I think maybe my credit card has been compromised. I am going to have this charge reversed and a new card issued to me.

Gonna start doing full virus and spyware removal procedure on my computer right now.

Anybody else seeing this lately?

Do you mean "RENEWAL" and not "REMOVAL" ?

Phishie
08-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Do you mean "RENEWAL" and not "REMOVAL" ?Yes I meant renewal. Lol you can see what was on my mind by that freudian slip.

Bryce W
08-26-2008, 12:08 PM
Is it possible that you have installed/renewed a clients Norton AV on their behalf using your credit card (then charged them for your callout fee plus the renewell accordingly)?

Its possible that work you did a year ago renewed under your credit card again.

Phishie
08-27-2008, 04:20 AM
Is it possible that you have installed/renewed a clients Norton AV on their behalf using your credit card (then charged them for your callout fee plus the renewell accordingly)?

Its possible that work you did a year ago renewed under your credit card again.NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE I would never ever do that for exactly this reason. I've read too many horror stories of Norton automatically charging people's credit cards. I'd probably just uninstall Norton. =D I did a quick search and apparently this happens to a lot of people. Unauthorized charges that come out of nowhere. I called my credit card company and they told me that the service number for the people who charged me was closed for the day so I need to call them back tomorrow morning in order to dispute it. If they can't reverse it I am gonna throw a fit to get them to fix it for me >=|

koonter
08-27-2008, 06:53 AM
sweet irony though

somedumbgoy
08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
I must say if your card was compromised i cant believe the dooshbag who used it spent it on NORTON?!?! :eek:

Phishie
08-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I must say if your card was compromised i cant believe the dooshbag who used it spent it on NORTON?!?! :eek:Well I think it might just be some sort of fake charge under the name of Norton. They probably do it because people who use Norton might not think twice about seeing that charge on their card.

I am gonna find out exactly what is going on tomorrow.

thecoldone06
08-27-2008, 01:48 PM
What was the phone number that appeared on your statement? Have you tried googling it and seeing if anything comes up. If its a real number for Symantec, google should return with their pages. If not, there might be forum posts of people with the same issue.

ootuoyetahi
08-27-2008, 02:26 PM
I must say if your card was compromised i cant believe the dooshbag who used it spent it on NORTON?!?! :eek:

heh, he'll probably get a service call out of it lol.

Phishie
08-27-2008, 05:41 PM
Well I just got off the phone with my credit card company and they told me that I was also charged last year by Norton. Now I am pissed as hell because I NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER use Norton. I hate their guts. I would never buy their product virus protection and firewall products. I would never give them my credit card number because I know how they are with charging people for stuff they don't use.

I am VERY MAD right now and I am calling this number to get ALL of my money back. I'll keep you guys updated.

Phishie
08-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Okay so apparently somebody had my CC#, address, and phone number and they used it to purchase Norton and I was also charged two renewals...

The Norton account was registered under some wacky email address that I have never ever heard of in my life. In fact, the email address is kind of just a bunch of random letters at a random domain name. The only refund I was able to get was for $49.99... The rep told me that if I was checking my statements each month I could have called earlier and had the other fees reversed. The guy also said that Norton sent out an email every time I was charged. SO I DEFINITELY DID NOT REGISTER THIS BECAUSE I WOULD NOTICE STUPID NORTON EMAILING ME ABOUT RENEWING THEIR CRAPPY PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

I am not happy. :mad::mad::mad:

I must say if your card was compromised i cant believe the dooshbag who used it spent it on NORTON?!?! :eek:Ya, well I guess it wasn't a bad idea because it slipped under the radar... I am also relieved that they didn't go out and buy a refrigerator and new TV. But then I'd probably notice a couple thousand dollars appearing on my credit card... lol

Crgky127
08-29-2008, 02:11 PM
Okay so apparently somebody had my CC#, address, and phone number and they used it to purchase Norton and I was also charged two renewals...

The Norton account was registered under some wacky email address that I have never ever heard of in my life. In fact, the email address is kind of just a bunch of random letters at a random domain name. The only refund I was able to get was for $49.99... The rep told me that if I was checking my statements each month I could have called earlier and had the other fees reversed. The guy also said that Norton sent out an email every time I was charged. SO I DEFINITELY DID NOT REGISTER THIS BECAUSE I WOULD NOTICE STUPID NORTON EMAILING ME ABOUT RENEWING THEIR CRAPPY PRODUCT!!!!!!!!

Did the guy that said there is a notification email know that you had never heard of the wacky email address before he said that?

Pc Fixed Right
08-29-2008, 08:34 PM
What is Norton Anti Virus?

NYJimbo
08-30-2008, 01:24 AM
Well look at the funny side of it. Some moron out there actually paid for Norton Antivirus. I mean, I'm sorry they used your credit card, but lets just hope Norton screwed up their computer and now they are worse off than when they started.

Bad Karma ! :D

bmetman
08-30-2008, 11:31 AM
OUCH!!! It is bad enough your cc was compromised but to have it used to pay for Norton. That just isn't right.:eek:

geester
09-05-2008, 10:10 AM
Dispute the paytment with the card company, I had this when I was overseas, a transaction appeared for my home and I was on holiday! The cc sorted it.

As for Norton, I wouldn't it if it was free!