PDA

View Full Version : Can someone convert a document for me? Publisher to pdf

xxsilk109xx
09-29-2011, 06:48 PM
I have a business card I have made in publisher 2010. However vista print does not support the font I am using and when I upload it changes the font.
I have saved it as a pdf through publisher, however it looks grainy and I dont want to order grainy business cards.

If I can email someone the publisher file, could you convert it to a pdf with proper resolution so that I can upload it to vista print?

I dont have photoshop or illustrator so I cant do it. Vista print is much cheaper than my local guy where he wants 95 dollars for 500 cards.

Thanks!

Martyn
09-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I have a business card I have made in publisher 2010. However vista print does not support the font I am using and when I upload it changes the font.
I have saved it as a pdf through publisher, however it looks grainy and I dont want to order grainy business cards.

If I can email someone the publisher file, could you convert it to a pdf with proper resolution so that I can upload it to vista print?

I dont have photoshop or illustrator so I cant do it. Vista print is much cheaper than my local guy where he wants 95 dollars for 500 cards.

Thanks!

Why don't you just install one of the very many 'print to pdf' utilities? Maybe cutepdf?

Also you could ask what file formats they support? PS maybe?

xxsilk109xx
09-29-2011, 08:08 PM
well i have cutepdf installed and maybe its just me but it seems the resolution drops when i do it, and its making pick a print size and there is no option for business card size...

Martyn
09-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Personnally I don't use pdf because most of the free pdf writers don't often adhere to the Adobe standard and you get all sorts of issues. As an aside I only used Vistaprint once for business cards and they went straight in the bin. :(

In the cutepdf driver there is an option for custom size ps file try that.

xxsilk109xx
09-29-2011, 09:16 PM
well i may go to another source. Do you get yours locally or online?

DCGPX
09-29-2011, 09:18 PM
Out of curiosity I've just created a simple BC and through Publisher saved as a PDF.

Its not gone grainy and opens up quite happily in AcroReader and I can zoom in to 1600% and its fine.

Are you sure its not a setting you've missed. I just picked high quality as print and then Save As?

Might be my system as I have Acrobat Pro (but it wont open the Publisher file direct) but I can save as PDF as above.

Your welcome to send me the pub file and I'll save as to see what it comes out as. As a precaution I'd send the fonts your using along with it just in case

Edit : Have Photoshop and Illustrator somewhere, think on old desktop I took out as I use laptop all time now

angry_geek
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
95 for 500! Those would have to be full color on both sides on premium stock, maybe gold plated! Find another printer. I pay $60 for 1000 full color single-sided on glossy stock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

dbdawn
09-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Through publisher you should have the option of saving as a pdf. Does it still come out horrible looking?

Heke
09-30-2011, 03:06 AM
I always use a Bullzip PDF to print to pdf file, print everything.

mm201
09-30-2011, 05:20 AM
I've got Publisher and Acrobat installed so I should be able to do the conversion for you. Send me a p.m. and I'll give you my email to send it to.

andcorptech
09-30-2011, 10:59 AM

Thanks!

Without sounding like an A$$hole , why do you not want to support the local guy ? I pay AU$110.00 for 500 business cards at my local printing place, but in return they have spent a bit over $8000 with me in the last 12 months alone.
I went to the local mower shop earlier this year to buy a mower for $50 more than I could in a town 30 minutes away, but this week they just ordered a $2200 computer system from us.

I could give you a hundred stories the same as this.

Every time you get a local price and think " I can get that cheaper out of town" ALSO think "what if all my customers said that about me"

Martyn
09-30-2011, 12:20 PM
Without sounding like an A$$hole , why do you not want to support the local guy ? I pay AU$110.00 for 500 business cards at my local printing place, but in return they have spent a bit over $8000 with me in the last 12 months alone.
I went to the local mower shop earlier this year to buy a mower for $50 more than I could in a town 30 minutes away, but this week they just ordered a $2200 computer system from us.

Every time you get a local price and think " I can get that cheaper out of town" ALSO think "what if all my customers said that about me"

Food for thought............................

xxsilk109xx
09-30-2011, 04:21 PM

I understand where you are coming from. But to be honest business is not as busy as I would like it to be and I just moved to a new location to save money on rent, so I am trying to save where I can.
For my signs etc. I have spent over 2K with this guy and he is strictly MAC and already has a local mac guy to service his computers with a contract. Sooo, its not that I dont want to support him, but today, I cant afford it.

Protechniq
09-30-2011, 05:40 PM
For those of you who only have a Kinkos/Fedex locally, I have used www.gotprint.net in the past and had nothing but great service at ridiculously low prices.

e.g. 5000 glossy business cards color both sides for $38+$14 ground shipping.

I couldn't recommend them more highly.

xxsilk109xx
09-30-2011, 09:20 PM
For those of you who only have a Kinkos/Fedex locally, I have used www.gotprint.net in the past and had nothing but great service at ridiculously low prices.

e.g. 5000 glossy business cards color both sides for $38+$14 ground shipping.

I couldn't recommend them more highly.

thanks for the tip! Wow!

andcorptech
10-01-2011, 04:13 AM
I understand where you are coming from. But to be honest business is not as busy as I would like it to be and I just moved to a new location to save money on rent, so I am trying to save where I can.
For my signs etc. I have spent over 2K with this guy and he is strictly MAC and already has a local mac guy to service his computers with a contract. Sooo, its not that I dont want to support him, but today, I cant afford it.

Completely understood, everyone's circumstances differ. I was just trying to give a different perspective on it.

Hope things pick up for you too.

sassenach
10-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Have a look at http://www.moo.com. Not the cheapest but excellent service and a much greater variety than is usually available.