PDA

View Full Version : Norton

JJRedick4
07-17-2006, 08:35 PM
My norton internet secrity it weird, everything on my computer has slowed down alot, how do I make my programs go faster?

Bryce W
07-18-2006, 01:29 AM
Have you just installed Norton Internet Security and now its slowed down? or have you had NIS for a long time and it has just started being slow?

leviathon
07-18-2006, 03:19 PM
I think that's how it is supposed to work, because I use Symantic and before I installed it it was drastically faster than now. But it's worth it no matter how much slower it becomes, I guess.

I guess that's how usually the computers at the stores seems so much faster because they don't install antivirus programs.

Bryce W
07-18-2006, 03:47 PM
Norton as an application is very resource intensive. It isnt as noticable on newer PCs but it can bring old PC's to their knees. Also, as leviathon mentioned, most computers in the stores dont have Norton installed but they do often have the setup file on the desktop, either way, its not running and therefor not slowing the PC down. Its a bit of a scam.

forumposters
07-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Here's how you fix it. First, throw your Norton CD in the garbage where it belongs. Then, see if you can uninstall it. Finally, install Free AVG. It's not a perfect av program but at least you can still have some resources left over when it's running.