PDA

View Full Version : Make Win7 look like a Mac

classonepc
09-25-2011, 12:04 PM
Ok, I don't know who might be interested but...

I found this neat little vid on youtube that shows you how to make Win 7 look jjust like a Mac.

The kid doing the vid is a little annoying but the idea was kinda cool.

Check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=iv&annotation_id=annotation_103622&v=EdZXlA3Lwvk&src_vid=yP2JZlwb7R4

frase
09-30-2011, 12:58 PM
I just dont understand these, if you want a mac go buy one.

dk564
10-07-2011, 05:54 PM
Im probably going to hear about this...but WHY!?!?:eek:

The windows GUI is the way to go-not some overpriced version of *nix.

16k_zx81
10-07-2011, 10:10 PM

1. to make PC slower

2. to increase the chances PC will crash

3. to make work for yourself cleaning up the mess when the uninstallation doesnt work properly and there are 'remnants' left behind that have wrecked settings you had in place prior

nXtGenPC
10-10-2011, 08:50 AM

The windows GUI is the way to go-not some overpriced version of *nix.

Yeah sure the windows GUI is the way to go... nothing like tons of hard to use menu's.....

The last time windows had a big gui update was 3.0.....

and the mac operating system is not overpriced, the newest one only cost $29....

Steve Jobs said it the best:

"Our new version of OSX (Leporad at the time) will come in multiple versions,

Basic which we will sell for $129

Premium which we will sell for $129

Professional which we will sell for $129

and Ultimate, which has all of our greatest features, for $129"

MobileTechie
10-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I've used Windows, Mac and various Linux variants and I personally find the Windows interface the easiest to use but this is probably mostly down to it being the one with which I am most familiar.

But even so I don't find Mac the last word in user friendliness or stability. At the last place I worked they had macs and quite a lot of software went wrong with them, just like Windows or Linux.

The Mac OS pricing is very good but the h/w is pretty ludicrous. Maybe it was worth it a few years ago but I think with Win 7 Microsoft have closed the gap.

IAMPC
10-10-2011, 02:37 PM
And why would I want to do that? :p Windows interface is easiest to use...

IAMPC
10-10-2011, 02:41 PM
1. to make PC slower

2. to increase the chances PC will crash

3. to make work for yourself cleaning up the mess when the uninstallation doesnt work properly and there are 'remnants' left behind that have wrecked settings you had in place prior

Yep, I have to agree on this one... lol

basic
10-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Yeah sure the windows GUI is the way to go... nothing like tons of hard to use menu's.....

The last time windows had a big gui update was 3.0.....

and the mac operating system is not overpriced, the newest one only cost $29....

Since 3.0? That's a bit of hyperbole there. All the versions of OS X have not varied much in terms of UI...what's that? 9 years since the first version of OS X was released?

The $29 dollars is, essentially, for a service pack. Not a completely new OS.

Cambridge PC Support
10-11-2011, 07:38 AM
so which is the best then, Windows or Mac?

<huge rolleyes>

Mushin
10-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Ok make it look like a mac... then infect it and post YouTube vids to scare all the MAC users.

gunslinger
10-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Bottom line, if you want a Mac get a Mac and stop trying to make Windows or Linux into something it can't be. You can dress up a pig all day but at the end of the day its still a pig.

andcorptech
10-20-2011, 01:19 PM
Apart from the obvious question of WHY ?

The whole thing really has a serious flaw. While it may look and sound like a mac, it doesn't work like a mac. None of the software in windows will look and act like mac software, and nor will the OS work like OSX.

So what you actually end up with is something that looks like a mac until you try to do something with it, then you end up with a pain in the butt GUI interfering .

All I can say is, if you cant or wont buy a Mac, then don't lie to yourself and pretend to own one.