PDA

View Full Version : Frontpage End of Support Hosting

IAMPC
09-22-2011, 08:59 PM
So I just heard that Yahoo Small Business no longer supports Frontpage and I have over 300 pages on my web site.

I need to move it to another tool (all the pages). Any suggestions as to what is the best and most similar tool I can use?

Thank you..

GeekPCSupport
09-25-2011, 06:04 AM
I've never used Frontpage so I'm basing this off experience of other WYSIWYG editors.

Probably the easiest way to solve this is to download a backup of your site and upload it to another hosting company that accepts Frontpage. The only company that comes to mind at the moment is Hostgator (http://secure.hostgator.com/forward.php?campaign=webhosting&page=shared.shtml&gclid=CNG75ffat6sCFZJU7Aod2zDMcw). Their hosting starts at $5.56/month if paid yearly.

If you are looking for an exact software to create the websites, the only recommendation I can make is Adobe Dreamweaver. If that is beyond your budget, you can try Notepad++. The only downside to Notepad++ is that it's not a WYSIWYG editor. In other words, you can only see your site when you preview it thru your browser.

Hopes this helps,

Guillermo

ProTech Support
09-25-2011, 06:25 AM
Our servers do support FrontPage extensions, but honestly you don't need to do much unless you are specifically using FrontPage extensions (example: used Frontpage software to create a form).

If you are not using extensions, you can simply upload the site via FTP to any other hosting company.

I would also recommend re-building your website at some point using a CMS like Joomla or Wordpress. It will be a lot of copying and pasting, but definitely going to be a good move for you. You want to get off Frontpage ASAP, its 8 years since it has been updated.

P.S. - Joomla & Wordpress do have WYSIWYG editors. I actually started with Frontpage too, then went to Dreamweaver, and now build all of my sites with Joomla.