PDA

View Full Version : What is your favourite programming language?

Moridin
07-17-2006, 06:38 AM
What is your favourite programming language? and no, HTML does not count. The most important thing is Why?

I personally like python the most, just because I'm really talented in using it. I think it is very portable, fast and reliable.

Bryce W
07-17-2006, 02:05 PM
As a webdeveloper, Id have to say PHP/MySQL because its powerful and versatile.

As for Python, I know of a few people who are making a fortune with it. Alot of old music studios systems (i think it was music studios?) were written using it and around here it is hard to find someone who knows the music systems and python, but when they do they get paid ALOT.

Netman
07-18-2006, 10:21 AM
I like php because iti s the only thing that I really know. I am not to great at it anyway but since it is the only one that I know at all it is my favorite.

Blues
07-18-2006, 11:27 AM
application development C++ and Java web based Java, PHP, MySQL

wicked_gal00
07-18-2006, 03:18 PM
I like Java. It's the first OO language I learned and I got used to it. It has it's ups and downs, but I think I'll always appreciate it.

JapanimemanDO
07-30-2006, 12:21 PM
I first tried to learn QBasic then Java, only to realize commputer programming isn't my forte.

ataylor
08-01-2006, 01:59 PM
Starting to get into Ruby on Rails, which having had a brief look seems to be an excellent language for beginners, while still offering the same (or close) functionality as the more popular languages, e.g. PHP.