PDA

View Full Version : The IT Crowd

Joe The PC Doc
08-20-2008, 02:15 AM
To the UK'ers on the site: I recently starting watching this British series on one of the channels we get here in Canada. Best British export I've seen since Red Dwarf!

For those not in the know, it's a comedy about two tech support nerds and their technoweenie boss who work for a multi-billion dollar office building. Lots of good geek and computer humour, although the later episodes are getting away from the IT jokes and more into the pure wacky.

For the regular viewers of the show, does anyone know if they have started showing season 3 yet in England? I'm sure when it does air I'll have to wait six months at least before it makes it over seas.

Crgky127
08-20-2008, 03:46 AM
"Hmm I can hack into the database, but it will take a while"
4 keystrokes later-
"There, done"

Great show!

TimeCode
08-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Is this like the BOFH (bastard Operator From Hell) that they have on theregister.co.uk? That is funny stuff!!!

koonter
08-21-2008, 10:12 PM
or "the big bang theory"?

seedubya
08-21-2008, 10:37 PM
for anyone who hasn't seen it or even heard of it, here's a short clip from Youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrOmTrXmi-I&NR=1
Anyone who has ever worked in corporate IT may have some nostalgia issues ;)

thecoldone06
08-22-2008, 01:41 PM
or "the big bang theory"?

I enjoy that show.

geester
09-05-2008, 10:12 AM
have you seen the episode where there's a fire in the computer room? It's so funny, sending an email to the fire service!

And the manager who hasn't a clue! She's soo funny.

Andrew
09-17-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, hilarious show! For similar (but less geeky) amusements try Black books, it's written by the same man, stars an irish man +a man and a woman but it's set in a book shop.. equally as amusing (if not, better!).

For the regular viewers of the show, does anyone know if they have started showing season 3 yet in England? I'm sure when it does air I'll have to wait six months at least before it makes it over seas.

No series three showing here yet, the second series came out about a year and a half after the first so it could be feb 2009 when it comes out here.. although I've heard no news of a third series it's possible it's being produced!

RoboGeek
10-24-2008, 11:13 PM
there are a few sites with full episodes - they post them freely on the net, but only if your in the UK

One of my fav shows lately and the opening song is also my bootup song on my Mepis box

geester
12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Anyone see the new series in the UK, starting last Friday night?

It was soooo funny!:D